Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2022, 09:11 AM

5,892 posts, read 3,001,400 times

Advertisements

The toxicity of politics are amplified in this forum I think and its not doing anyone any good. Time to step back a bit give less **** about it all.

If you look at news from 90s, 80s or 70s, you will see the same tone. Panic, alarm, discord. So news in itself doesn't change much. Its always some petty crimes, murders, theft and so on.
Politicians will always appear to be evil and incompetent. There isnt much anyone can do about it since they are sponsored by big money.
NYC is an immigrant city and it will always change one way or another.

Best to learn to go about life and do it the best way you can while avoiding trouble, law, crime or anything else that might slow you down. Human decency we must retain.

Picture of a cool bird just because.
Attached Thumbnails
Time lapse and this forum-cool-bird.jpg  

Old 01-11-2022, 09:39 AM

15,882 posts, read 14,538,304 times
Having lived through the entire cycle of crime, chaos, and decrepitude from the 70's into the 90s, the seeing how under better leadership the city had 20 years of much lower crime, redevelopment, and economic success, and now under poor leadership, is going back to the initial state of disfunction., I can say with complete certainly, your entire premise is totally incorrect.

And people do need to be pissed off and scared for the cycle to go back to the positive side. That's what happened in the early 90s that brought the Republicans to power, both at the city and state levels, and they did what needed to be done to turn things around. No NYers have gone back to their base political instincts, put the worthless Democratic political machine in charge, and almost on cue, the city is falling apart.

Anger is necessary at this point.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:41 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,978,921 times
NYC has always been a democratic stronghold, pro union, pro immigrant, pro equal opportunity, liberal. Hopefully it will stay that way if everyone with these values continues to vote Democrat. The Republican wave is a sinking boat. The last vestiges of a dying philosophy. We can't just beat them, we need to nail the coffin lid shut.

Last edited by bobspez; 01-11-2022 at 10:50 AM..

Old 01-11-2022, 11:46 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
I don't think the Republican or conservative wave is a sinking boat. Look at the outstanding job Rick DeSantis is doing over in Florida. Many people here are growing tired of mandates and overall urban decay propagated by Democrats. Even if this entire city were to be voting Republican, I actually think that the city is so corrupt that a Democrat would still win. Something is wrong - I don't know who would vote for the likes of DeBlasio or Adams, which makes me feel that the NYC election system is rigged. I feel today is no different from the days of Tammany hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City