Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 04:31 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,774,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
I really appreciate the wonderful advice!
She is visiting this week 2 on upper East , one upper west and one In a beautiful building bottom upper west ( north of Hell’s Kitchen )
Will see
Oh, how exciting for her. Blessings! Hope it works out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 12:10 PM

268 posts, read 358,436 times
Update**********************
First I would like to thank you ALL for your amazing advice and comments! The info on this forum was incredibly helpful!

We went this weekend to visit 6 apartments : upper east, Upper West, Bleacher Ave and Tudor City.... To make a long story short, some were nice but.. Plus agent fee, board approval fee, move in fee, double security deposit .. became out of budget...
Others were super in photos (Tudor City) but were in very poor shape ( broken sink and bathtub with rot around it!).
We visited two (Upper West and Upper East) with but both got rented under my daughters nose.. Her luck turned when my daughter asked one agent if anything else was available but not on the market. She saw a pretty place on York and 77th (or 78?) that had a renovation and was to be on the market next week. She applied and go the confirmation today As its one month free and electricity gas and water included she is in her 1800 budget! Its a 4th floor walk up but at age 25 she is fine. And a secure building close to subway and groceries! I think she go very lucky. She moves in this weekend.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2022, 01:59 PM

1,151 posts, read 863,547 times
Quote:
Update**********************
First I would like to thank you ALL for your amazing advice and comments! The info on this forum was incredibly helpful!

We went this weekend to visit 6 apartments : upper east, Upper West, Bleacher Ave and Tudor City.... To make a long story short, some were nice but.. Plus agent fee, board approval fee, move in fee, double security deposit .. became out of budget...
Others were super in photos (Tudor City) but were in very poor shape ( broken sink and bathtub with rot around it!).
We visited two (Upper West and Upper East) with but both got rented under my daughters nose.. Her luck turned when my daughter asked one agent if anything else was available but not on the market. She saw a pretty place on York and 77th (or 78?) that had a renovation and was to be on the market next week. She applied and go the confirmation today As its one month free and electricity gas and water included she is in her 1800 budget! Its a 4th floor walk up but at age 25 she is fine. And a secure building close to subway and groceries! I think she go very lucky. She moves in this weekend.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, under $1800 by York and 77th?? Thats an excellent find. Which agency helped her out with that?
I am glad she was able to find a decent place in a decent neighborhood.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Wow, under $1800 by York and 77th?? Thats an excellent find. Which agency helped her out with that?
I will ask my daughter when we see her. She is still in NYC. It was luck! Its 2K per month but a free month and I think that the utilities would be close to 100 per month ( included in rent)

Old 02-07-2022, 03:35 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,774,977 times
Quote:
I will ask my daughter when we see her. She is still in NYC. It was luck! Its 2K per month but a free month and I think that the utilities would be close to 100 per month ( included in rent)
Wow. That's great. Wonderful news. I'm sure as a caring parent you're relieved to have her nice & settled.
How exciting for your daughter! Wish her all the best.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:46 PM

5,692 posts, read 2,620,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
There's a lot of deals like that around that area. I know quite a few people in that neighborhood.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Wow. That's great. Wonderful news. I'm sure as a caring parent you're relieved to have her nice & settled.
How exciting for your daughter! Wish her all the best.
Thank you! Even if she is an adult we parents are so happy that she found a place that seems in a wonderful neighborhood!

Old 02-08-2022, 12:52 PM

23 posts, read 26,686 times
Quote:
Thanks! Is south-central Harlem safe for a single 25 year old?
Absolutely not.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:50 AM

88,631 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Glad to hear she found something. Yes, a 25-year-old can handle the 4th Floor walkup! (The thought of it makes me want to go lie down.)

I hope she enjoys her time in NYC. It's something I always thought I might do, but it never worked out.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:22 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,720,371 times
I'm so happy for you and your daughter. Now you have some place fun to go for a visit. All of the major museums are on the upper eastside. It's a great location!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City