Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 03:08 PM

270 posts, read 359,938 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all for advice !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 03:33 PM

4,795 posts, read 6,631,749 times
A previous poster suggested looking in Tudor City. I agree with that. Tudor City has quite a number of small studios, ideal for one person. The buildings have doormen and the area is safe.

The apartments are all co-ops, except for the Hermitage. So she would be dealing with a private owners, and there may be other fees associated with that, according to each individual building. There are two private parks, and the 42nd Street crosstown bus is right there. She would also be a couple of blocks away from Grand Central Terminal, which would get her down to Wall Street in a jiffy.

Here's a decent studio in the building I used to live in! This apartment was just rented, but I'm sure there will be more in this building and also 25 Tudor City Place, 5 Tudor City place, and 320 East 42nd. There are a number of smaller buildings in Tudor City also.

https://streeteasy.com/rental/3742584

Last edited by macnyc2003; 01-17-2022 at 03:50 PM..

Old 01-17-2022, 07:41 PM

8,421 posts, read 4,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
Thanks to all for advice !

After I posted about Tudor City, I realized you had just posted that your daughter had found and accepted a place. Would you mind letting us know in which neighborhood, for how much, and why? What made her decide on what she decided?

Old 01-17-2022, 10:04 PM

1,063 posts, read 554,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
After I posted about Tudor City, I realized you had just posted that your daughter had found and accepted a place. Would you mind letting us know in which neighborhood, for how much, and why? What made her decide on what she decided?
I think she meant that daughter had accepted the job offer.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Sorry for any confusion! yes, she has accepted the job offer and now is actively homes hunting.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
A previous poster suggested looking in Tudor City. I agree with that. Tudor City has quite a number of small studios, ideal for one person. The buildings have doormen and the area is safe.

The apartments are all co-ops, except for the Hermitage. So she would be dealing with a private owners, and there may be other fees associated with that, according to each individual building. There are two private parks, and the 42nd Street crosstown bus is right there. She would also be a couple of blocks away from Grand Central Terminal, which would get her down to Wall Street in a jiffy.

Here's a decent studio in the building I used to live in! This apartment was just rented, but I'm sure there will be more in this building and also 25 Tudor City Place, 5 Tudor City place, and 320 East 42nd. There are a number of smaller buildings in Tudor City also.

https://streeteasy.com/rental/3742584
this is beautiful!!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2022, 07:59 AM

44 posts, read 74,439 times
Default Nothing wrong with helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
respectfully you do not know my daughter and I see nothing wrong with looking for her while she is in meetings today.
I totally agree with you. I have three children. All college grads. All successful careers. They have moved all over the country. I always have a hand in helping them when they make these moves. It saves them valuable time and it reassures me that they are moving to a (relatively) safe area. You are never done being a parent.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:15 AM

3,862 posts, read 3,169,216 times
1 br in n/w queens going for about $1700 per month.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:26 AM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times
Tudor City studios are very small, but with your daughter's preferences, they might work for her. It's a good thought. Pretty boring neighborhood for a young person, but perhaps she won't care about that.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:31 AM

5,759 posts, read 2,662,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Tudor City studios are very small, but with your daughter's preferences, they might work for her. It's a good thought. Pretty boring neighborhood for a young person, but perhaps she won't care about that.
Yah no social life there and most of the population living there is older. I'd probably factor taking cabs if I choose that area due to the train not being close and it being desolate at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City