Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 06:03 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
Also I don't think I ever changed my address on my car registration to my current address - will that matter?
My NYS ID address is accurate and that's the address I plan to use when filling the seller's section on the title

Thx
I don’t know about that but I doubt it would be a problem though you really should have changed your registration address because you wouldn’t get parking or camera tickets in the mail or your new registration upon renewal. You could probably change your address online if you have some time before the sale. I don’t think they issue new documents just for an address change. They used to say cross out the old one and write in the new one on your registration after you notified DMV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2022, 11:47 AM

329 posts, read 433,830 times
Also my registration and inspection is expiring at the end of this month. Would that be an issue for the buyer registering the car at the DMV if it sells in early February

Old 01-22-2022, 12:38 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
Also my registration and inspection is expiring at the end of this month. Would that be an issue for the buyer registering the car at the DMV if it sells in early February
You will risk tickets for expired registration and inspection stickers if the car is driven or parked on the street for as long as you keep the car after January 31. NYPD traffic agents are vigilant about looking for expired stickers on parked cars. My neighbors have gotten tickets on parked cars and we rarely see a patrol car but the traffic agents seem to know when and where to look. It would be better to sell it before the end of January if the registration isn’t renewed (not much time left in January) and if the car isn’t inspected by the end of the month. It could also cause problems for the buyer but I’ve never sold a car with an expired inspection certificate so I don’t know for sure. Do you actually have a buyer for the car or are you just planning to find a buyer?

Old 01-22-2022, 01:56 PM

329 posts, read 433,830 times
I have a couple of interested buyers who've said they are arranging cash but you know how that goes

Old 01-24-2022, 05:11 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
There was a story of a guy who sold his Porsche .. so he met the buyer at the buyers bank and got a cashiers check at the bank and signed the car over .

When the seller didn’t see the check clear he called the bank …it seems the shrewd buyer claimed the check was lost and stopped it .

After trying to contact the buyer the seller went to the police …the police told him it was not a criminal matter since he signed title over and it was legally transferred.

It was only a civil matter and he couldn’t find the guy

Old 01-24-2022, 05:27 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
There was a story of a guy who sold his Porsche .. so he met the buyer at the buyers bank and got a cashiers check at the bank and signed the car over .

When the seller didn’t see the check clear he called the bank …it seems the shrewd buyer claimed the check was lost and stopped it .

After trying to contact the buyer the seller went to the police …the police told him it was not a criminal matter since he signed title over and it was legally transferred.

It was only a civil matter and he couldn’t find the guy
Had the seller removed his license plates from the car before he sold it? If not he could have reported the license plates as stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City