Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 05:29 PM

12,334 posts, read 17,190,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I was on 125th and Lex today. Disgusting. The whole area.

"It's always been like that, meh."

I'm just glad I'm home. New Jersey is 1000 times better.
I feel the same way. After traveling through the filthy subways, and walking through trash strewn streets to a quiet and green area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 06:18 PM

1,064 posts, read 557,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Only in your dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
It could be a good thing. Empty out those fancy lofts and small industries can move in.

Industry City and BAT (Brooklyn Army Terminal) in Sunset Park are doing well.

Old 01-28-2022, 06:32 PM

47 posts, read 85,569 times
Well, here is where you can speak up.

"Speak Up About the Future of Our City

"As New York City makes its way toward recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, the new Eric Adams mayoral administration invites you to help shape its priorities and policies. NYC Speaks is a city-wide engagement initiative designed to ensure that New Yorkers are heard. Fill out the NYC Speaks survey by February 11th to make your voice heard. Take the survey!"

https://nycspeaks.civilspace.io/en/p...vey/sections/1

Old 01-28-2022, 08:55 PM

12,793 posts, read 8,374,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You're the one that posted the picture of the fire, so that's what I commented on. I'm aware of the issues, I frequented the area for the majority of this pandemic.
As ONE example. Figures you'd only zone in on that one thing instead of the entire article.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:42 AM

34,220 posts, read 47,539,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
As ONE example. Figures you'd only zone in on that one thing instead of the entire article.
This is from your first post:

Quote:
A few years ago pre-pandemic, I saw a guy lighting a fire right on 6th Avenue near Herald Square I suppose to keep warm. Totally dangerous...
You also didnt say anything else about the rest of the article.

But I will say this:

The article mentioned one incident of a person with a machete. Another person with a blowtorch. You dont find the weapons of choice remotely odd?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-29-2022, 06:56 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,920,484 times
Quote:
More shock media

Anybody familiar with the neighborhood knows that that corner wasn't the best - for years
How long are we going to downplay these issues. We can keep saying this was worse in 19__ or that this "has always been __".

There will be 300,000 mentally unhinged homeless rioting in the year 2130 and I bet someone will say "No big deal things were worse during the 2085 Civil War bombings which killed 100,000 people "

Old 01-29-2022, 07:13 AM

12,793 posts, read 8,374,104 times
Quote:
This is from your first post:

You also didnt say anything else about the rest of the article.

But I will say this:

The article mentioned one incident of a person with a machete. Another person with a blowtorch. You dont find the weapons of choice remotely odd?
Do I really need to write an essay on what a mess SoHo is? I thought one example was good enough to start a discussion. You go all over the City and it isn't the same, but I stopped shopping in Tribeca and haven't been in SoHo in a while either, and there are definitely restaurants and clothing stores there that I frequent.

Old 01-29-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
How long are we going to downplay these issues. We can keep saying this was worse in 19__ or that this "has always been __".

There will be 300,000 mentally unhinged homeless rioting in the year 2130 and I bet someone will say "No big deal things were worse during the 2085 Civil War bombings which killed 100,000 people "
I'm not here to sway opinions so what does it matter. I'm just offering my perspective. What's your take on the article?

Old 01-29-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Do I really need to write an essay on what a mess SoHo is? I thought one example was good enough to start a discussion. You go all over the City and it isn't the same, but I stopped shopping in Tribeca and haven't been in SoHo in a while either, and there are definitely restaurants and clothing stores there that I frequent.
What made you stop shopping in TriBeCa?

Old 01-29-2022, 07:36 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,283,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post

It's no different than those who claim that even the poorest today live better than royalty 200 years ago.

It's either an argument made dishonestly or the person is too dumb to realize what they're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City