Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2022, 08:20 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,269,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
What would you know or not know about fake jobs?
That doesn't answer my question. Either we're going to have a discussion about it or not. What made you call the job fake?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 08:27 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,259,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That doesn't answer my question. Either we're going to have a discussion about it or not. What made you call the job fake?
Your question doesn't make sense to me..the better question would be, "what is your definition of a fake job".

My question to you is "what is your definition of a fake job"? If you don't believe they exist, we don't have much to discuss.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Your question doesn't make sense to me..the better question would be, "what is your definition of a fake job".

My question to you is "what is your definition of a fake job"? If you don't believe they exist, we don't have much to discuss.
But you're the one who called it a fake job. I asked why.

I tried to have a discussion with you, but if you're incapable of explaining what you type, then this is simply just a waste of my time.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:39 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,259,183 times
Quote:
But you're the one who called it a fake job. I asked why.

I tried to have a discussion with you, but if you're incapable of explaining what you type, then this is simply just a waste of my time.
I literally explained ( qualified my statement) why in the same post with the very next sentence.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:19 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,954,113 times
Isn't just NYCHA, eff tons of people living in other apartments haven't paid rent in months to in some cases nearly, or over two years now. IIRC collective sum total of unpaid back rent in New York is between one to over two *billion* dollars.

Legal Aid won a court battle forcing state to reopen rent assistance program, but that scheme is busted and broke with barely enough money to pay existing claims on file. Albany keeps believing federal government will send one or more billions in extra aid... Good luck with that.

Even if people get a piece of that pot it only can cover up to 12 months of back rent. Those who owe more than that are going to be SOL. Unless NYC and or NYS cough up another pot of money people will still owe thousands in back rent. More to point good number cannot afford to pay forward current rent either.

https://www.thecity.nyc/housing/2022...ts-should-know

This is going to end in tears for good many, mark my words. Neither feds, NYC nor NYS can force landlords to eat vast amounts of unpaid rent, especially when it was government mandates that forced LLs to keep people in apartments without getting paid. Sooner or later all back rent will have to be paid, and forward kept current or else people are just going to have to bust a move and leave.

For those who get up everyday and hold up their end, thus think this won't affect them, think again. Housing is a *right* in NYS/NYC and thus good number of these affected households will go into shelter system and or otherwise have NYC and or NYS pay for their housing.

Both state and city now pay market rate rents (up to almost $2k for a studio apartment) as part of their housing voucher programs. Just do the sums.....

Then you have NYC's "One Shot Deal" which as of BdeB's time city was handing out funds like candy on Halloween. Some getting their taste one, two or more times...

Old 02-10-2022, 04:12 AM

16,029 posts, read 6,838,234 times
35% of the non paying renters being supported by 65% of the working tax paying class.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:55 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,706,736 times
Quote:
^

Why I am I not surprised nobody responded to my post
All of those low skill low pay jobs are supposed to be done by younger kids in their 20s, who should learn what it is like to have a job with all of the basic employment skills and responsibilities it entails, not grown a$$ adults with families to support, who ideally over decades of living should have developed at least SOME skills. And before you ask, there are plenty of those 18-25 year olds to go around and fill those jobs, they have high unemployment and low labor participation rates as it is.

Last edited by Gantz; 02-10-2022 at 11:06 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
All of those low skill low pay jobs are supposed to be done by younger kids in their 20s, who should learn what it is like to have a job with all of the basic employment skills and responsibilities it entails, not grown a$$ adults with families to support, who ideally over decades of living should have developed at least SOME skills. And before you ask, there are plenty of those 18-25 year olds to go around and fill those jobs, they have high unemployment and low labor participation rates as it is.
So are they supposed to do this during daytime hours while taking night classes? Or is this after they've gotten an undergraduate degree simply to answer phones and file? Furthermore, for what pay? Are they automatically supposed to live with roommates, or stay at home with their parents for the sake of the company?

Old 02-10-2022, 05:19 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,327,622 times
As a small landlord not in this dump of a state, the only way to solve this is... is evictions. You can't operate when your not collecting rent. Tenants are just a line on the spreadsheet, cant have any emotion towards them. If someone doesn't pay me we don't ask questions we slap the notice on the door send the certified letter and file the eviction. My lender and tax man want there $$, when tenants don't pay it means I am paying for strangers to live. NYCHA has to get rid of these people, plenty of people who will pay will fill those spots ASAP. In our crappy state they will allow people to live for free while landlords suffer. The people in NYCHA that actually pay suffer, how can they fix anything when they aren't collecting revenue.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 378 times
The incredible thing is the waitlist is closed. If you want a section 8 apartment AKA NYCHA housing too bad you cant get on the wait list. I like the story about the one tenant who gets to avoid paying rent while taking her money and putting it into savings. I live in NY the amount of federal aid that is available to people is astonishing...medicaid, food stamps(250 dollars a month for yourself plus each dependant you have it used to be something like 192 a month but they increased it to keep up with inflation ) cash assistance/welfare, half priced metro cards, WIC checks AND if you don't have a NICHA apartment you can find a better place and the government will pay the rent directly to the landlord for you. Happened to my boyfriend's parents. They rent the upstairs floor of their house...beautiful..3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, HUGE amount of space. They made the mistake of accepting tenants on this governmet program where the rent went directly to his parents. The tenants were DISGUSTING! Roaches were coming down to the floor where my boyfriend's family was living because these tenants were so disgusting. Before these tenants moved in they had tenants that lived there for 10 years and paid cash money and they never had a problem with bugs or anything. It was hell getting these bottom feeding tenants out...they wouldn't leave unless they could find an apartment as nice as that one and that probably wasn't going to happen. They finally got these people out and the beautiful apartment was no more. Holes in the walls, roaches everywhere, black mold in the bathroom...the shower was absolutely disgusting. Anyway needless to say my boyfriends family will Only be Accepting cash money from now on from tenants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City