Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 07:06 AM

855 posts, read 453,407 times

Advertisements

Are these the same people who decided not to work, sit at home and collect their stimulus and shot off fireworks at 2AM for weeks on end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 07:15 AM

34,134 posts, read 47,363,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
"Before moving to the Red Hook Houses 25 years ago, Ms. Dominick said she had been homeless. Public housing, she added, is the only home she can afford in New York".

25 YEARS?! 25 YEARS?! and not a single thing was done to improve her circumstances?

She needs to move somewhere cheaper and give some one else on the waitlist a chance to avail themselves of TEMPORARY cheap rent until they get on their feet. No grown able bodied adult should be allowed to live in NYCHA for 25 years. Yuck!
"But Ms. Dominick, an administrative assistant at a foster care agency"

So who do you expect to work this type of job in NYC, and for what pay? Kids can't do it because they're in school, and retirees are retired. Maybe the employer should make the job temporary too, like 5 years max, so that young adults don't stay in the same type of job forever, and give more young adults a chance.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-09-2022, 08:37 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,678,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
"Before moving to the Red Hook Houses 25 years ago, Ms. Dominick said she had been homeless. Public housing, she added, is the only home she can afford in New York".

25 YEARS?! 25 YEARS?! and not a single thing was done to improve her circumstances?

She needs to move somewhere cheaper and give some one else on the waitlist a chance to avail themselves of TEMPORARY cheap rent until they get on their feet. No grown able bodied adult should be allowed to live in NYCHA for 25 years. Yuck!

That's exactly how I feel.
After 25 years, she still hadn't bettered herself and moved on???
WTF???

These housing buildings was supposed to be for people down on thier luck, etc...and a temporary home, NOT for 25 years, and than have family members in sucession....

25 years, what freaking nerve.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:39 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,678,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Pregnant and did not have a job. Why is anyone pregnant without a job? She is a moron, her kid will be a moron and that kids kid will be a moron too. See the pattern?

exactly, one moron after another, and the beat goes on.............

the nerve to have a baby when she can barley afford herself, this all makes me so irate.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:42 AM

3,152 posts, read 2,749,767 times
You all can try to find people to be mad at instead of fixing your own lives all you want, but when your parents need someone to wipe their asses, the person doing it instead of you will likely be living in public housing.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:07 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,316,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
You all can try to find people to be mad at instead of fixing your own lives all you want, but when your parents need someone to wipe their asses, the person doing it instead of you will likely be living in public housing.
What does that have to do with being a responsible adult and paying your rent on-time?

Old 02-09-2022, 11:23 AM

1,075 posts, read 553,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I'm upset with the people in public housing not paying their rent. If they live there and pay their rent on time, I won't complain or post threads about it.

They're already getting a massive publicly funded subsidy that allows them to live there, meaning rents are subsidized by government. I have no sympathy for people who won't pay their extremely low publicly funded rent.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:59 AM

1,062 posts, read 551,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I'm upset with the people in public housing not paying their rent. If they live there and pay their rent on time, I won't complain or post threads about it.

They're already getting a massive publicly funded subsidy that allows them to live there, meaning rents are subsidized by government. I have no sympathy for people who won't pay their extremely low publicly funded rent.
Exactly. Salaries are a pyramid. Someone is always going to be at the bottom. Where should they move to? A two-family house where there is no security against having to get out when the owner sells or dies?

Old 02-09-2022, 01:03 PM

1,075 posts, read 553,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Exactly. Salaries are a pyramid. Someone is always going to be at the bottom. Where should they move to? A two-family house where there is no security against having to get out when the owner sells or dies?
Did I say they should move? No, I said they should pay their legally contracted rent.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:12 PM

1,062 posts, read 551,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Did I say they should move? No, I said they should pay their legally contracted rent.
You misinterpreted me. I am agreeing with you and disagreeing with the person who has a problem with having long-term tenants in NYCHA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City