Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 06:52 AM

5,950 posts, read 3,061,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
This wasn't on CBS?
I was watching CBC Miami this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 06:56 AM

34,189 posts, read 47,607,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I was watching CBC Miami this morning.
Same crap, sunnier location.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-09-2022, 06:59 AM

Let's put some blame on these guys too:

"Earlier this month, steak and fish retailers told The Post that shoplifters have been stealing pricey grocery items from their shops and reselling them to unscrupulous bodegas in other parts of the city, forcing them to jack up their prices or opt out of selling the gourmet items altogether."

Old 02-09-2022, 07:05 AM

3,817 posts, read 3,550,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Only reason we're "seeing it now" is because cameras are everywhere (phones, affixed to buildings, etc). Most of you simply didn't realize it due to this fact. Meh.
Cameras have been on phones for 22 years

You could even argue it wasn't "Normal" until the iPhone in 2007. So lets say 2010 is when mass population had iPhones/android phones with cameras. 11 years of this capability and only NOW are we seeing It?

give up this argument already

https://www.androidauthority.com/fir...ersary-993492/

Old 02-09-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Cameras have been on phones for 22 years

You could even argue it wasn't "Normal" until the iPhone in 2007. So lets say 2010 is when mass population had iPhones/android phones with cameras. 11 years of this capability and only NOW are we seeing It?

give up this argument already

https://www.androidauthority.com/fir...ersary-993492/
Lol 22 years ago, were you able to upload camera images directly to websites using a flip phone? Get a hold of yourself. Much easier nowadays, which is why you're able to see what's happening with prolificity. Social media also wasn't what it is today either.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:10 AM

6,918 posts, read 3,136,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Good for them. Employees get to live another day. It would be stupid to risk your life for some beef.

On the other had, for example. In Russia, or most ex soviet republics, security personnel would beat him up so hard, he wouldn't be able to walk for a month. Some countries deal with theft in similar manner. It teaches the thief not to do it again. Very effective.
I guess these stores do need to hire 'real' security guards, armed even. Adams sure won't police anything.

Maybe Adams even hired this guy to steal the Steaks to push people to his Veggie Initiative.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:15 AM

6,462 posts, read 5,016,851 times
The problem with unabated theft, will be a scarcity of stores soon. Stores are there to make money and if the theft and losses outweigh the profits, the store will close and there will be less places to shop. Years ago our business has a particular line of products that were prone to theft. We had 10 break-ins and numerous grab and run issues. Finally the insurance company told us they would no longer cover our windows that were smashed each time there was a break-in. At that point we got rid of that product and the salesman said, "you were doing so well with the product" and I replied "if you pay for my broken windows and we will carry your product" Needless to say we dropped the product and eventually closed that location.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
The problem with unabated theft, will be a scarcity of stores soon. Stores are there to make money and if the theft and losses outweigh the profits, the store will close and there will be less places to shop. Years ago our business has a particular line of products that were prone to theft. We had 10 break-ins and numerous grab and run issues. Finally the insurance company told us they would no longer cover our windows that were smashed each time there was a break-in. At that point we got rid of that product and the salesman said, "you were doing so well with the product" and I replied "if you pay for my broken windows and we will carry your product" Needless to say we dropped the product and eventually closed that location.
Why not put bars on the windows?

Old 02-09-2022, 07:23 AM

5,795 posts, read 2,705,980 times
How do people not care about this and just shrug their shoulders. This makes everyone pay high prices. In the last year trader Joe's has raised the price on most items I buy.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:28 AM

6,918 posts, read 3,136,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
How do people not care about this and just shrug their shoulders. This makes everyone pay high prices. In the last year trader Joe's has raised the price on most items I buy.
You sure they raising prices because of theft though? Or due to the shipping shortages and interruptions we've had?

Why not both, I guess.

I am not even thinking about the high prices though,...I just think it's a pretty wrong thing to do and I hope they catch him. Of course, he'll be out the next day and probably curb stomp an Asian or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City