Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 05:40 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,327,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The select areas narrative has been blown out of the water. In Chicago it used to be the problems all basically stayed on the south side or on the west side, now the perps are taking day trips to places like Wrigleyville on the north side and people are getting robbed and carjacked all over the city. NYC's future
The thugs have been going up to The Westchester in White Plains to steal from Louis Vuitton and other luxury stores. They just grab the merchandise and run out of the store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFCGcDYQ8f8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 05:58 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,918,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
You are comparing two different scenarios. Those wimps that work at Trader Joe's, Whole foods, Target, Walmart, Riteaide or any or corporate store have nothing vested into the store like the privately owned stores. Why would someone who barely makes a living wage take a bullet for the register? These companies even tell the workers NOT to intervene when these thefts happen.
The privately owned stores have a lot more to loose and don't tolerate this crap. When you steal from those stores you are stealing from the owner directly, who is usually behind the counter.
Same sh**. You processed it. They did nothing. It's the unlawfulness of it all, on both ends, which we're talking about. You're acting as if the story was misprinted with non factual information, or they actually stepped in to intervene. If the theif was black, he would've been tackled like a quarterback on the field, before he even got to the door. so miss me with big guy, corporate, small guy, mom-and-pop, bs

Old 02-09-2022, 06:10 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,327,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Same sh**. You processed it. They did nothing. It's the unlawfulness of it all, on both ends, which we're talking about. You're acting as if the story was misprinted with non factual information, or they actually stepped in to intervene. If the theif was black, he would've been tackled like a quarterback on the field, before he even got to the door. so miss me with big guy, corporate, small guy, mom-and-pop, bs
Oh boy, here we go. I just posted a video of a similar scenario where black guys come in and grab and run and the security guard is right there and does NOTHING.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFCGcDYQ8f8

Old 02-09-2022, 06:19 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,918,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Oh boy, here we go. I just posted a video of a similar scenario where black guys come in and grab and run and the security guard is right there and does NOTHING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFCGcDYQ8f8
What you posted proved my point. the staff at Louis Vuitton WERE trying to prevent em for stealing their sh**, unlike what happens at Trader Joes. Thank you.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:13 PM

8,942 posts, read 4,786,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
7th never abuses his mod powers. He doesn't agree with anything I say but he has never used his mod powers negatively. The LI forum on the other hand, the mod is an anti asian fascist and loves deleting every other post I make (Nancy the Nazi).
I agree. He brings something into the discussion and makes you
Instead of just This forum would be boring if everyone just agreed with everything everyone said.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
It is true that camera phones and the increased prevalence of security cameras are making us more aware of things that have been happening for years.

However, the level of brazenness of these types of shoplifters is something that has emerged on a new level since the pandemic had begun.
Facts. That's what's different. They're not even scared where as in the past they were. Scared and ashamed. People have no shame anymore. And that's a... shame!

Old 02-09-2022, 07:17 PM

593 posts, read 471,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Two helpless Trader Joe’s staffers had followed the man up an escalator leading to the store’s exit but only stopped him from taking a shopping basket outside – not the meat, the video shows.
A smart decision on the Trader Joe's staffers' part. My only criticism is that they shouldn't have bothered to prevent the perp from taking the shopping basket. Why would they want to risk ending up in an edited, viral video, possibly destroying their lives? The situation was above their pay grade and should be left to the geniuses at the Trader Joe's corporate office and in NYC/NYS government as to how to handle.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Could be. Did you happen to notice in the article that many stolen goods are being re-sold to bodegas? I wonder how prolific the shoplifting would be if the bodegas didnt buy the stolen goods.
I think it would still happen. They'll just eat it or give it to friends and family. He didn't steal a whole truck load (yet). You can just store it in your fridge and you'll be set for a week. From the picture, I thought it was for himself actually for the super bowl party or something.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:32 PM

2,649 posts, read 1,246,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Facts. That's what's different. They're not even scared where as in the past they were. Scared and ashamed. People have no shame anymore. And that's a... shame!
Totally.

Thieves used to be discreet about doing these things. Now it's flagrant.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:14 PM

34,175 posts, read 47,398,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
Open season looting and an open war on NYPD (and PDs across the country) all supported by local pols and Brandon-Harris for a presidential election is never mentioned...igniting the largest year over year crime spike in U.S. history otherwise known as the Floyd Effect, the effects of which is still in increase mode...

Then being duped by law-n-order Adams and at the same time Manhattan elects hands-off Fat Alvin...

Reap what you sow.
All of the above is the reason why a guy is stealing 10 steaks without a bag? Haha. It's almost like a parody.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City