Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 03:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Most 3rd world countries would have a guard with a shotgun ready to use if necessary. Why we don't have that yet in America is a mystery to me. Especially since we are all hung ho about the right to bare arms. This is where you want guns.

Been to many countries that do this. Normal as daylight in those places.
Can't wait for constitutional carry to come to NYC later this year. Open season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 03:08 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
It is true that camera phones and the increased prevalence of security cameras are making us more aware of things that have been happening for years.

However, the level of brazenness of these types of shoplifters is something that has emerged on a new level since the pandemic had begun.
Key word

Funny how nobody mentions the pandemic any more

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-09-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Key word

that's because there is no pandemic, just control freaks and the sheep who still follow them

Old 02-09-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
that's because there is no pandemic, just control freaks and the sheep who still follow them
Are you vaccinated?

Old 02-09-2022, 03:14 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Well,...he 'did' try to steal the basket too,..but that's where the staffers drew the line
lmao.. I'm crying

Old 02-09-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Are you vaccinated?
And boosted, which I regret now. I wouldn't have gotten the booster if I knew that the more vaccines you get the lower your ability to resist infection in the future (re: Israel data with twice boosted citizens)

Double & boosted, still got COVID. I am done with this and will punch anyone in the face that tells me to put a mask on

Old 02-09-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
And boosted, which I regret now. I wouldn't have gotten the booster if I knew that the more vaccines you get the lower your ability to resist infection in the future (re: Israel data with twice boosted citizens)

Double & boosted, still got COVID. I am done with this and will punch anyone in the face that tells me to put a mask on
Smh sorry for your troubles. Let's not turn this into a COVID thread, however. Sorry for bringing it up, my bad. If you want to talk, you can DM me.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:25 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
They didn't describe the steaks. Probably just a pile of tough junky chuck steaks.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:45 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I've seen staff at lower class stores stop and get people for lifting their merchandise

I see you're not familiar with the "Wall of Shame" where they stop em, take pictures with whatever the thief attempted to steal, and put em on a wall for all to see

They did NOTHING. let him walk outta the store with steaks in tow

My sources tell me that this happened AGAIN, today at the Downtown Brooklyn location. Said the guy ran up the stairs and bailed. Don't know what the person took, and again, nothing was done
You are comparing two different scenarios. Those wimps that work at Trader Joe's, Whole foods, Target, Walmart, Riteaide or any or corporate store have nothing vested into the store like the privately owned stores. Why would someone who barely makes a living wage take a bullet for the register? These companies even tell the workers NOT to intervene when these thefts happen.
The privately owned stores have a lot more to loose and don't tolerate this crap. When you steal from those stores you are stealing from the owner directly, who is usually behind the counter.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:13 PM

1,026 posts, read 447,593 times
Quote:
Key word

Open season looting and an open war on NYPD (and PDs across the country) all supported by local pols and Brandon-Harris for a presidential election is never mentioned...igniting the largest year over year crime spike in U.S. history otherwise known as the Floyd Effect, the effects of which is still in increase mode...

Then being duped by law-n-order Adams and at the same time Manhattan elects hands-off Fat Alvin...

Reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City