Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 08:19 PM

34,162 posts, read 47,390,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Facts. That's what's different. They're not even scared where as in the past they were. Scared and ashamed. People have no shame anymore. And that's a... shame!
Think about how much silly videos you see that people post on the Internet, I don't think its that people have no shame anymore, it's more that people are used to cameras being around and things getting posted. We all are receiving our information much faster and in-your-face than 20 years ago. That's just my take on it.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 08:25 PM

1,274 posts, read 981,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
All of the above is the reason why a guy is stealing 10 steaks without a bag? Haha. It's almost like a parody.
Well, it's probably not just that, but the nerve of those thieves has reached a new height if they can do that in broad daylight without even trying to hide the merchandise.

It just feels less secure overall, despite the idea that cameras simply capture more.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
Well, it's probably not just that, but the nerve of those thieves has reached a new height if they can do that in broad daylight without even trying to hide the merchandise.

It just feels less secure overall, despite the idea that cameras simply capture more.
Well for this particular instance - being that its a supermarket, it actually makes sense to me that this type of crime would happen during daylight hours. I don't know about you, but I find that if I'm in a supermarket at night time and I happen to be in the meat section, most of the time I notice there's barely any good meat left (to buy or steal, depending on one's proclivities). And I'm talking even before Covid I noticed this.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:33 PM

5,733 posts, read 2,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Facts. That's what's different. They're not even scared where as in the past they were. Scared and ashamed. People have no shame anymore. And that's a... shame!
Agreed. Along with thief so has random punching's and the like gone up. 20 years ago, I wasn't scared to be on the train or corner with a mentality ill person waiting for the light to change. Now I see one and I get outta dodge.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Agreed. Along with thief so has random punching's and the like gone up. 20 years ago, I wasn't scared to be on the train or corner with a mentality ill person waiting for the light to change. Now I see one and I get outta dodge.
I don't know about that one. I've always steered clear of anybody in the streets who looked "off."

Old 02-09-2022, 10:45 PM

1,029 posts, read 450,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
All of the above is the reason why a guy is stealing 10 steaks without a bag? Haha. It's almost like a parody.
Let me guess, it's the ''pandemic stress on and hardship in poor communities''...please.

What's the difference here from the looting that went on all over Manhattan that was allowed as protest and indifference with ''that business has insurance, no big deal, justified protest.''

Now you have a dude walking out of a business with 10 steaks and no can or does anything about it. No big deal.

Fat Alvin doesn't care, no one was hurt...lol...and Brandon rolls into town on another one his no mularkey tours about crime fighting...lol

Rev Fat Al now crying about his toothpaste being locked-up at Rite Aid...lol.

All the reasons I provided are just a couple reasons why anyone can go into a store and walk or run out at-will with anything they want.

You think it's the pandemic or some other socio-economic b.s.? Talk about a parody that actually is funny. Haha.

Old 02-10-2022, 03:31 AM

31,963 posts, read 27,110,316 times
That Trader Joe's a long with other on Union Square gets jacked all the time. People flying out of those stores like clockwork on the hour with hands or bags full of stolen stuff, and again no one says *boo*.

In fact stealing from shops has become pretty much de facto normal all over city. You can walk around LES, UES, West Village, Chinatown or elsewhere and see people with all sorts of stuff spread out on sidewalk for sale. Detergent, meats, household cleaning products, health and beauty... Parts of East Village and LES look like an open air swap meet.

It's like trains and buses; you feel like an eejit paying full fare when every other person jumps turnstiles, goes through gates, walks on bus without paying.

You know shyt is getting out of control when even Al Sharpton says something must be done.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/rev-al...en-nyc-thefts/

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...spike-00007385

Old 02-10-2022, 03:59 AM

16,157 posts, read 6,903,459 times
I say blame the voters.

The Democratic elected officials populating our offices aren't fixing the problems.
They have exacerbated our problems.

A hard nose politician like Mayor Giuliani did know how to address and
did fix these types of problems but as of late voters have continually picked
the wrong people to run our city. Time to question our Voters.

The city can only survive by making money, not giving it away.

500,000 intelligent people who could, had enough and left New York City.

As for the rest of us bungling fool voters..............Eat Crow.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:16 AM

31,963 posts, read 27,110,316 times
Much like people suddenly waking up about Rite Aid and similar stores being jacked, TJ's getting hit is nothing new. Has been going on at both 14th street stores for years, same as every other retail in city.

NYP went back day after the big steak heist, didn't take long to find someone stealing.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/anothe...-east-village/

Old 02-10-2022, 05:47 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,325,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Much like people suddenly waking up about Rite Aid and similar stores being jacked, TJ's getting hit is nothing new. Has been going on at both 14th street stores for years, same as every other retail in city.

NYP went back day after the big steak heist, didn't take long to find someone stealing.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/anothe...-east-village/
John Catsimatidis was on Good Day NY and the question was posed to him as to what if someone walks into one of his stores and how he couldn't do anything. He shot back that that was an opinion. lol Someone else said it in this thread before. The smaller stores will probably intervene, as you are stealing directly from the owner.

Even Al Sharpton was complaining that he couldn't get toothpaste without asking for someone to unlock the case. lol

Now DA Bragg is saying that they are "brainstorming" about how to stop people that are just walking into stores, stealing whatever they want and walking out because they are taking advantage. I mean talk about stupid.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/da-alv...-higher-level/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City