Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 06:36 PM

80 posts, read 65,331 times

Advertisements

So after reading some articles online, I’ve found that the media or internet loves to paint women or girls as victims of most recent assaults in NYC and in other states. Did they forget that people who assault other people due to race or ethnicity has nothing to do with sex at all? It has something to do with cultural hate more in terms of blaming us for coronavirus existence. As an Asian person myself, I think the law and social media have became more sexist as the years passed by. If somebody can assault somebody else (no matter what sex or race), I could be assaulted too. As an AAPI, I stand up for all people in the asian community, not just certain type of genders. It’d be better if the media can stop gendering assaults. It’s becoming naive because there are men being assaulted/raped also. My goodness…. the people who keep gendering crimes on the internet should be fired from their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 06:42 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times
Sure, the law or the media can be sexist.

On the other hand, I'm guessing that women do get assaulted more often than men.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sure, the law or the media can be sexist.

On the other hand, I'm guessing that women do get assaulted more often than men.
There are no statistics to prove that. There are articles about men being killed also. Even if it were true certain sex get killed more, it doesn’t mean opposite sex is safe either. A black or asian person would say what about us because we’re black or asian too. You don’t think that somebody who kills someone could do that to anybody else?

Old 02-27-2022, 10:49 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTT View Post
There are no statistics to prove that. There are articles about men being killed also. Even if it were true certain sex get killed more, it doesn’t mean opposite sex is safe either. A black or asian person would say what about us because we’re black or asian too. You don’t think that somebody who kills someone could do that to anybody else?
There are statistics to prove that.
Women are sexually assaulted way more than men.
Women are assaulted more than men.
Women are from a statistical standpoint physically weaker than men.
Women are also more likely to come forward and report a crime than men.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
There are statistics to prove that.
Women are sexually assaulted way more than men.
Women are assaulted more than men.
Women are from a statistical standpoint physically weaker than men.
Women are also more likely to come forward and report a crime than men.
If you’re getting assaulted a lot, then you’re probably doing something wrong. You can’t wholly put the blame on the other individual. And the fact that you are making racist or sexist comments pertaining crimes against women only shows that you don’t acknowledge the world as much as you do. And you aren’t a proper adult yet to think like that… grow up. Asian women getting attacked has almost nothing to do with targeting specific sex, it’s really more about the cultural bitterness and mental capacity from the attacker.

Old 02-28-2022, 05:08 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,361,055 times
Of course there are many sexist laws! This is nothing new.

Old 02-28-2022, 05:19 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,544,652 times
yes, it irritates me that one factor in bail is if you have other people around to "watch you" or let you live with them.

So if you have a gang of criminal scum who will support you -- you get bail -- but if you are a loner you get jail.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:26 AM

9,115 posts, read 6,165,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTT View Post
So after reading some articles online, I’ve found that the media or internet loves to paint women or girls as victims of most recent assaults in NYC and in other states. Did they forget that people who assault other people due to race or ethnicity has nothing to do with sex at all? It has something to do with cultural hate more in terms of blaming us for coronavirus existence. As an Asian person myself, I think the law and social media have became more sexist as the years passed by. If somebody can assault somebody else (no matter what sex or race), I could be assaulted too. As an AAPI, I stand up for all people in the asian community, not just certain type of genders. It’d be better if the media can stop gendering assaults. It’s becoming naive because there are men being assaulted/raped also. My goodness…. the people who keep gendering crimes on the internet should be fired from their jobs.

Would all the men who have been raped by women please raise their right hands?

Old 02-28-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
A woman can rape another woman too. Rape is an unprovoked crime that is triggered by an individual with plentiful of sexual desire, but lack of behavioral control. It has more to do with the person’s temperament, not certain individual’s sex.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:57 AM

106,602 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I feel so cheap. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City