Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 09:49 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,163,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever admit that most of the "bad outcomes" in schools result from the low IQ of its underperforming students?

That would be telling an extremely un-PC truth, and we just can't have that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 10:01 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,163,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And should we not do what we can to improve those students who are underperforming?

I agree with you, but since at least 1960 the BOE/DOE has been doing everything and spending billions on just what you suggest. And guess what? None of it has worked. I Thank God that my parents chose to send me to a Catholic grade school and a Catholic High School. I attended HS in the early 70s. We were expected to study and do homework and write reports. I read Kafka and Beckett in high school. My public school friends didn't even carry books to school most days, rarely had homework, and frequently cut classes. When they failed classes they attended summer school which was even more of a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: