Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 08:55 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,716 times

Advertisements

Another thread derailed by TWS's trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 08:58 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,066,350 times
I am better with Adams than I thought I would be before the election. He didn't turn out to be a Fascist cop like I feared.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:12 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,364,404 times
Only 2 things I like about him thus far: Centers for people to have a safe space for using substances where they can get help if a case of overdose.

I also like that he's not using his power to trip regarding Covid. I'm so over it already. The vaccine/booster nazis act so high and mighty. They are so clueless as to how many people don't want to have to show proof of vaccination, wear masks all the gd time, and frequently (no one expected to have to do this more than once a year...actually they first made it seem as if it would be a one and done thing) getting shots.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
He is not the only doctor, but he is the TOP infectious disease expert out there! Then you also have other great doctors as well... Dr. Rochelle Walensky and Dr. Ashish Jha, both of which stand by everything Dr. Fauci says.

Dude, this same doctor you're referring to at one point advised people that they might contract HIV if they are in the same room as someone who is HIV positive.

I used to support Fauci. Now I'm annoyed by him just like all the other forced vaccination nazis. If it's one thing I learned during this pandemic is that all these experts were just as clueless as some of us. At one point they were telling people you can easily contract Covid by touching an object that has Covid on it. I mean the sheer bulls*** that we went through.

Let's not forget the likes of Fauci advised people to stay indoors...which actually caused Covid to really really spike.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Have you had a booster for your smallpox vaccination? Polio? Measles? Chicken pox? Whooping cough? Diphtheria? Pertussis?

Facts! In the beginning, they made it seem as if it would be a "one and done" thing. This was obviously not true. Then they later lied and said that oh by the way, you might have to get this once every year. Now it's looking like at least twice a year.

We can't boost ourselves out of this. And to be honest, there are countries out there where most of the population hasn't even gotten one shot. They should be the priority, not Americans who are already fully vaccinated.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Some in the medical profession are saying that repeated boosters may do more damage than good. That more is not necessarily better. You don't want to flood your system with all these boosters especially if you're immune system is okay.

I got the booster because I was anticipating a booster mandate at my gym (which never happened). I'm not going through another one. Unless this is becoming another annual flu shot kind of thing.

I'm one to agree. One thing we don't want to happen is for the virus to keep evolving. Like my thoughts are on things like gonorrhea. I hear a lot of the antibiotics out there, the effectiveness is waning. A cocktail of antibiotics is having to be used to fight it. They call it super gonorrhea.

I'm waiting to hear of "super Covid" lol.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:28 AM

3,487 posts, read 1,407,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Dude, this same doctor you're referring to at one point advised people that they might contract HIV if they are in the same room as someone who is HIV positive.

I used to support Fauci. Now I'm annoyed by him just like all the other forced vaccination nazis. If it's one thing I learned during this pandemic is that all these experts were just as clueless as some of us. At one point they were telling people you can easily contract Covid by touching an object that has Covid on it. I mean the sheer bulls*** that we went through.

Let's not forget the likes of Fauci advised people to stay indoors...which actually caused Covid to really really spike.

The science changes, so these experts are providing updates based on the change in the science. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Old 03-18-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
The science changes, so these experts are providing updates based on the change in the science. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

OMG are you trolling me? This is literally the question you should be asking yourself. The boosters were said to be highly effective against the variants. The science proved this to be false. I mean do you not see how many boosters these companies are coming out with? One has like 4 boosters already. It's getting ridiculous.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:05 PM

3,487 posts, read 1,407,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
OMG are you trolling me? This is literally the question you should be asking yourself. The boosters were said to be highly effective against the variants. The science proved this to be false. I mean do you not see how many boosters these companies are coming out with? One has like 4 boosters already. It's getting ridiculous.

Oh geez, give me a break. Yes, science changes. And yes, the boosters are highly effective! Don't know where you are getting your silly facts from that they aren't. And yes, boosters are necessary. This goes with ANY vaccine. Immunity wanes overtime, so boosters are ALWAYS needed. This is not the first time we've needed to get boosters. Again I say, please give me a break!

Old 03-18-2022, 01:19 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,990 times
Quote:
Oh geez, give me a break. Yes, science changes. And yes, the boosters are highly effective! Don't know where you are getting your silly facts from that they aren't. And yes, boosters are necessary. This goes with ANY vaccine. Immunity wanes overtime, so boosters are ALWAYS needed. This is not the first time we've needed to get boosters. Again I say, please give me a break!
Pharmaceutical companies loveeeee people like you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: