Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 10:47 AM

1,064 posts, read 556,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
ANY vaccine requires periodic boosters. Where have you been?
Have you had a booster for your smallpox vaccination? Polio? Measles? Chicken pox? Whooping cough? Diphtheria? Pertussis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 10:52 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,809,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Right... That's why Pfizer put in a request to have a FOURTH dose because their vaccine is sooooo effective.... I was a sucker once, only to comply for work, but I'm not getting another shot unless necessary. These pharma companies are just trying to boost the value of their stock and fatten their profits and use the general public as guinea pigs.
Some in the medical profession are saying that repeated boosters may do more damage than good. That more is not necessarily better. You don't want to flood your system with all these boosters especially if you're immune system is okay.

I got the booster because I was anticipating a booster mandate at my gym (which never happened). I'm not going through another one. Unless this is becoming another annual flu shot kind of thing.

Old 03-16-2022, 11:06 AM

1,447 posts, read 742,728 times
Way too soon to judge his performance.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:31 PM

3,361 posts, read 1,252,754 times
Quote:
Adams is terrible. He removed the vaccine mandates at restaurants. Now it is no longer safe to eat out at restaurants because there are unvaccinated people there that will be spreading Covid. What an idiot!!
Hahaha

Old 03-16-2022, 12:40 PM

3,531 posts, read 1,444,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Some in the medical profession are saying that repeated boosters may do more damage than good. That more is not necessarily better. You don't want to flood your system with all these boosters especially if you're immune system is okay.
Please provide a source where Dr. Fauci says such a thing. If you can provide that source, then I will stand corrected. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Have you had a booster for your smallpox vaccination? Polio? Measles? Chicken pox? Whooping cough? Diphtheria? Pertussis?

Um yes, lol. Getting boosters was a regular thing I needed to get during my childhood and adolescence.

Old 03-16-2022, 01:12 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,366,576 times
Quote:

I got the booster because I was anticipating a booster mandate at my gym (which never happened). I'm not going through another one. Unless this is becoming another annual flu shot kind of thing.
My boss wanted me to get the booster for "protection". I said absolutely NOT. I'm only getting one if required. My original vaccination is still valid. I take all precautions to limit my exposure, but at the same time, I am not living in fear.

Old 03-16-2022, 02:54 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,809,434 times
Quote:
Please provide a source where Dr. Fauci says such a thing. If you can provide that source, then I will stand corrected. Thanks.
Dr. Fauci isn't the only doctor in town. His word is not gospel despite him being a stellar physician.
There is some disagreement amongst those in the medical profession regarding whether boosters do more harm than good.

Old 03-16-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Dr. Fauci isn't the only doctor in town. His word is not gospel despite him being a stellar physician.
There is some disagreement amongst those in the medical profession regarding whether boosters do more harm than good.
He is not the only doctor, but he is the TOP infectious disease expert out there! Then you also have other great doctors as well... Dr. Rochelle Walensky and Dr. Ashish Jha, both of which stand by everything Dr. Fauci says.

Old 03-16-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
My boss wanted me to get the booster for "protection". I said absolutely NOT. I'm only getting one if required. My original vaccination is still valid. I take all precautions to limit my exposure, but at the same time, I am not living in fear.

Why? Getting another shot is such an easy 5 minute visit to your local pharmacy! I don't get why it's so hard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: