Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 10:35 PM

8,944 posts, read 4,813,658 times

Advertisements

This is good. I thought they were going bankrupt? Anyway, they're hiring!

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2022, 12:09 AM

80 posts, read 66,498 times
I’m somewhat dubious about this because JetBlue is a non unionized employer, which means at any time and any day do they wish to not use you anymore, you’re out of that door.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:35 AM

78 posts, read 27,619 times
JetBlue is probably decent to work for.

Not a popular opinion but I think the reason why NYC is showing the worst job rebound is due to the surge in undocumented workers taking jobs. Lots of them scooping up work under the table and operating in a fast-growing clandestine economy of stolen jobs. The illegal worker economy has greatly accelerated over the past two years absorbing the jobs of legal citizens. Over the past two years 100,000 or more new arrivals at least, minimum. They tend to take more than one job too.

The topic nobody can talk about.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent1234 View Post
JetBlue is probably decent to work for.

Not a popular opinion but I think the reason why NYC is showing the worst job rebound is due to the surge in undocumented workers taking jobs. Lots of them scooping up work under the table and operating in a fast-growing clandestine economy of stolen jobs. The illegal worker economy has greatly accelerated over the past two years absorbing the jobs of legal citizens. Over the past two years 100,000 or more new arrivals at least, minimum. They tend to take more than one job too.

The topic nobody can talk about.
I think the railroad jobs need to stop hiring illegal citizens and start hiring US citizens too. We were here legally first.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:30 AM

I noticed that prior to the “pandemic”. I was in Long Island City looking down at the railroad track yards and it looked like all illegal immigrant foreigner workers. Dozens of them. I thought the same thing.

Anyways has anybody applied at JetBlue? I wonder what types of positions they want to fill.

From the reading, it sounds like JB is already playing with the idea of moving its headquarters far away from NY. In my opinion all big businesses that plan to survive should leave NY due to the political crisis.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:44 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,695,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTT View Post
I’m somewhat dubious about this because JetBlue is a non unionized employer, which means at any time and any day do they wish to not use you anymore, you’re out of that door.
You get to join the 78% of non-unionized employees in NY!

Old 03-29-2022, 11:47 AM

3,805 posts, read 3,531,098 times
Little known fact, I worked for Jetblue from early 2000s for about 13 years. It was amazing in the beginning, everyone was like family. Moved myself up the ranks to managerial positions and had regular high up meetings with CEO sitting right next to me. I helped expand the airline into South America and the Caribbean. I was on the advance team that would go to possible new destinations to work out the details with local govt officials and airport authorities.

Fast forward to the end of my career there are we have a completely different CEO and upper executive team. Their main concern is the bottom line and taking care of their own pockets, they could now care less about retaining employees, in fact they started targeting veteran employees for removal due to high salaries (myself included)

They started giving negative yearly reviews, no matter how good you were, as a basis to roll off high paid experienced employees that gave 10-20 years of their life to the company. Over and over again I saw close friends/co workers getting fired over BS and getting replaced with a new college kid doing the same job for a fraction if the salary.

After a while I saw the writing on the wall and felt the pressure coming my way and I told my director that I know whats coming and I know what he os trying to do.

I left, was one of the saddest days ive ever had. I truly loved Jetblue.

Its not the same airline it used to be.

PS the old CEO and truly nice guy who cared for his employees started a new airline recently called Breeze Air. They are slowly rolling out new cities. If you miss the old Jetblue check them out. Very limited service right now since they are so new but give it time.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:51 AM

3,805 posts, read 3,531,098 times
Oh yea, they will not rehire anyone booted due to the pandemic, they will hire 5000 new people at the lowest salaries possible.

The pandemic was a boon to jetblue and gave them a reason to get rid of high paid veteran employees. Many of them still out of work.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Little known fact, I worked for Jetblue from early 2000s for about 13 years. It was amazing in the beginning, everyone was like family. Moved myself up the ranks to managerial positions and had regular high up meetings with CEO sitting right next to me. I helped expand the airline into South America and the Caribbean. I was on the advance team that would go to possible new destinations to work out the details with local govt officials and airport authorities.

Fast forward to the end of my career there are we have a completely different CEO and upper executive team. Their main concern is the bottom line and taking care of their own pockets, they could now care less about retaining employees, in fact they started targeting veteran employees for removal due to high salaries (myself included)

They started giving negative yearly reviews, no matter how good you were, as a basis to roll off high paid experienced employees that gave 10-20 years of their life to the company. Over and over again I saw close friends/co workers getting fired over BS and getting replaced with a new college kid doing the same job for a fraction if the salary.

After a while I saw the writing on the wall and felt the pressure coming my way and I told my director that I know whats coming and I know what he os trying to do.

I left, was one of the saddest days ive ever had. I truly loved Jetblue.

Its not the same airline it used to be.

PS the old CEO and truly nice guy who cared for his employees started a new airline recently called Breeze Air. They are slowly rolling out new cities. If you miss the old Jetblue check them out. Very limited service right now since they are so new but give it time.
Will he have positions available in NYC? Also, since you already know him, he’ll just give those jobs to you right away. How lucky do you feel?

Old 03-29-2022, 11:55 AM

@Werdywerd It sounds like you have had a very fluffy life and just recently learned about the real world. You were very fortunate to be insulated like that for so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City