Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 07:04 PM

1,107 posts, read 560,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I used pluralities my whole time in the response. If what I said does not apply to you, then it should be of no consequence.
Then why quote me in your response if it wasn't meant for me? Why can't people just own what they say??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 03:21 AM

3,376 posts, read 1,266,484 times
Quote:
Hmm so when the Midtown deli owner is forced to close because we want to work in pajamas, then its ok

Man us human beings are a selfish hypocritical bunch

When it benefits us, cool, when it screws us, not cool

I thought we were all pro-business on here, pro mom-n-pop, n such

Truth be told can't even call it a society anymore when everyone's only thinking for themselves and not for the common good, lol

If it wasn't for Covid, most of you would still be on the train Mon-Fri, still buying $15 sandwiches, how crazy is that...
Ok but covid did happen, people have seen they're happier working frim home and just as if not more productive in the process.The genie is out of the bottle.

People should waste hours a day commuting and money doing so for the sake of someone else's business? That's beyond absurd.The world changes and businesses either change with them or die.

Nobody owes a business a living. When you buy your lunch you aren't doing it to be nice.

Old 04-10-2022, 03:22 AM

3,376 posts, read 1,266,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
So, I should care about the Midtown business owner, but you don't care about my neighborhood business owner. Okay, you're better than me.
Haha exactly

Old 04-10-2022, 05:16 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,298,599 times
Quote:
Ok, so you get to claim whatever, and not provide any type of proof/substance. Clearly you've never been on any debate team. It's cool, make whatever claims you want. I'll believe it just because you say it, and others should too. Viva La Internet
If I claim that Russia is the largest country by land size in the world and you ask me to go personally measure to prove that, you don't see how that is arguing in bad faith?

I'm stating a fact. The welfare parasites and politicians work hand in hand to maintain and expand the welfare state in NYC.

Old 04-10-2022, 05:55 AM

34,168 posts, read 47,673,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
If I claim that Russia is the largest country by land size in the world and you ask me to go personally measure to prove that, you don't see how that is arguing in bad faith?

I'm stating a fact. The welfare parasites and politicians work hand in hand to maintain and expand the welfare state in NYC.
Well fortunately somebody already measured Russia, so you don’t have to go out and do it again

So certainly someone must have proven this fact that citizens and politicians are working to expand the welfare state, for you to state it so freely. Where’s the link then?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-11-2022, 01:42 AM

16,337 posts, read 7,052,072 times
People are finally waking up and realizing that the attack on
urban sprawl for decades was only a disguise by the wealthy to
confine income producing people to a toxic few square miles.

People are realizing that life is short and that hi risers look more
and more like tombstones with each passing day...........

Old 04-11-2022, 04:04 PM

2,739 posts, read 1,319,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

People are realizing that life is short and that hi risers look more
and more like tombstones with each passing day...........
this should be on a billboard somewhere along the West Side Highway

Old 04-12-2022, 04:50 AM

34,290 posts, read 17,372,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Guy is yelling about buggy whips. It's over Johnny!!

Old 04-12-2022, 05:02 AM

34,290 posts, read 17,372,575 times
Quote:
Ok, but what about the Midtown deli

What do we tell the owner of the Midtown deli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQuIpM4h6A

Old 04-12-2022, 07:24 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,978,835 times
Unless things drastically change and everyone goes back into the office Pre-Covid, I think the structural changes are going to be too great for Adams/Hochul, etc. to overturn.NYC massively benefits from in-person, in-office work however the tide appears to be turning, not just for this City but also for SF, LA, and other higher-cost cities as well.

Still, I wouldn't count NYC out, it has been in a constant state of evolution. Also, where are the folks longing for grit to be back in the City? Thanks to the sheer incompetence of De Blasio and Cuomo, NYC was on QoL decline prior to COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City