Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 05:44 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
No need to take the quote so literal. "Working in pajamas" at this point is simply a colloquialism for working from home.
And no need to take my objection so literally. The point was your trivializing -- or wilfully disregarding -- my actual and valid reasons for preferring WFH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 05:45 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,260,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
@Esacni, I tried to rep you for this post, but not surprisingly, it seems I've already done so recently.
Adams doesn't care about the delis. What Adams is afraid of is a decrease in city tax revenue and then having to slash the welfare state dramatically. There's no way to solve this problem then for him. Hell get eaten alive by the left in this city.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:48 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Perhaps you didn't fully read my post. If you did, I don't believe the word "pajamas" is given as a reason why I prefer to work from home. Instead, you'd see that I mentioned a commuting cost of over $20 a day, 4 unpaid hours a day spent getting ready for work and commuting, and the realistic risk of being a victim of a plethora of homeless, druggies and loonies. Without knowing my financial situation or my family responsibilities, you think I should be more concerned about someone else's well-being than my own, reducing my reasons to wanting to work in my pajamas. Says a helluva lot more about you than it does about me.

Edited to add: This may come as a surprise to you,, but wherever I am, I still have to eat. Since I'm not a farmer, I have to buy my food, so I'm always supporting a business. The only difference is that I'm now supporting businesses in my own neighborhood. Is that a problem?
Yeah, for the Midtown guy
Wonder what his LL's gonna do

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-09-2022, 05:54 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,769 times
Quote:
Yeah, for the Midtown guy
Wonder what his LL's gonna do
So, I should care about the Midtown business owner, but you don't care about my neighborhood business owner. Okay, you're better than me.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
One can only take what has been given to them

So maybe you should take up your issues with the government

Or vote with your feet

You anti-welfare people are all talk and no action

You work from home, don't have to commute, and you hate the politics here. So what's keeping you? Why are you not running for office under the party of your choice? Is it easier to just perch yourself on the proverbial window ledge, and warble your political beliefs from sun-up to sundown, at anyone who bothers reading? Sounds like self-inflicted torture to me.
"Take what has been given". Mind completely broken and corrupted. My point proven.

I don't hate nor love the politics here. My politics is libertarian. I'm socially very liberal. People can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the liberty of others.

Why not leave? Why dont Ukrainians just give up their land to the Russians? This city doesn't belong to the parasites, criminals, and and their political vote buyers. There are plenty of hard working people in this city. Why should we leave? You think people like you and welfare class built this city and keep it what it is day in and day out?

Your talk of running for office is utterly foolish but you must know that?

Old 04-09-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
So, I should care about the Midtown businessowner, but you don't care about my neighborhood business owner. Okay.
He doesn't care about the midtown business owner.

He thinks he's clever constructing arguments but a 6th grade debate club kid would.run circles around his logic.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
"Take what has been given". Mind completely broken and corrupted. My point proven.

I don't hate nor love the politics here. My politics is libertarian. I'm socially very liberal. People can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the liberty of others.

Why not leave? Why dont Ukrainians just give up their land to the Russians? This city doesn't belong to the parasites, criminals, and and their political vote buyers. There are plenty of hard working people in this city. Why should we leave?

Your talk of running for office is utterly foolish but you must know that?
I love how people twist their words to fit their agenda

"take what has been given"

Maybe I should have said granted instead? Everyone wants to whip out dictionaries in the midst of discussion.

But I'll spell it out loud and clear since I have some time

When I used the term "take what has been given," my point was to say is a fruitless exercise on your part to blame someone for utilizing a system, that they did not set up themselves. The government is the one who instituted welfare, why don't you ever place blame on them instead of the poors?

Old 04-09-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
So, I should care about the Midtown business owner, but you don't care about my neighborhood business owner. Okay, you're better than me.
You were not thinking about your neighborhood business owner before Covid, you're simply operating out of convenience. And there's nothing wrong with that, but let's be honest.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
He doesn't care about the midtown business owner.

He thinks he's clever constructing arguments but a 6th grade debate club kid would.run circles around his logic.
See that's part of the reason I can't really take you seriously in discussion, it's because of the insults, which just shows me that you don't have the capacity to partake in these types of discussions. The name-calling bothers me none, but it really drags the conversation down.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I love how people twist their words to fit their agenda

"take what has been given"

Maybe I should have said granted instead? Everyone wants to whip out dictionaries in the midst of discussion.

But I'll spell it out loud and clear since I have some time

When I used the term "take what has been given," my point was to say is a fruitless exercise on your part to blame someone for utilizing a system, that they did not set up themselves. The government is the one who instituted welfare, why don't you ever place blame on them instead of the poors?
My man, the parasites in this city work hand in hand with the politicians to craft the system. You think the politicians craft and expand the welfare system because they're so generous? Without one the other wouldn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City