Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 06:08 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,278,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
See that's part of the reason I can't really take you seriously in discussion, it's because of the insults, which just shows me that you don't have the capacity to partake in these types of discussions. The name-calling bothers me none, but it really drags the conversation down.
There's no name calling. Your arguments can only mean one of two things. You're either arguing.in bad faith or you completely misunderstand what's going on. It can also be a combination of the two (probably the worst scenario).

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by claiming that you argue in bad faith. Should I believe otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 06:09 PM

34,189 posts, read 47,485,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
And no need to take my objection so literally. The point was your trivializing -- or wilfully disregarding -- my actual and valid reasons for preferring WFH.
No, I totally get it. Streets are dangerous and commuting is expensive. My feelings are that this should have been concerns of yours even before Covid, but that does not seem to be the case. If you were always concerned about crime and the cost of your commute prior to March 2020 then I stand corrected.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-09-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
My man, the parasites in this city work hand in hand with the politicians to craft the system. You think the politicians craft and expand the welfare system because they're so generous? Without one the other wouldn't exist.
Got any examples for the bolded? I'm all ears.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:11 PM

1,107 posts, read 556,769 times
Quote:
You were not thinking about your neighborhood business owner before Covid, you're simply operating out of convenience. And there's nothing wrong with that, but let's be honest.
How wrong you are. I'm a huge proponent of supporting local businesses. Don't presume to know me.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You were not thinking about your neighborhood business owner before Covid, you're simply operating out of convenience. And there's nothing wrong with that, but let's be honest.
Businesses exist to offer "convenience" to their customers ( goods or services that fill a need)?

NYCs welfare state has warped your view of reality.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
There's no name calling. Your arguments can only mean one of two things. You're either arguing.in bad faith or you completely misunderstand what's going on. It can also be a combination of the two (probably the worst scenario).

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by claiming that you argue in bad faith. Should I believe otherwise?
You're free to believe whatever you want, it would be pretty naive of me to think I could change your train of thought. I just mostly get into dialogue to see if people are capable of seeing both sides of the coin. IMO many are unable to.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
How wrong you are. I'm a huge proponent of supporting local businesses. Don't presume to know me.
I think you're misunderstanding. So I'll say it like this. Grocer by your house, grocer in Midtown. If you want to support the grocer by your house, why not buy the sandwich there and take it to work the next day instead of patronizing the Midtown grocer?

Quote:
Got any examples for the bolded? I'm all ears.
See what I mean by bad faith? Give you examples of how the welfare class in this city works hand in hand with politicians to maintain and expand their handouts? You're not serious, right?

1,107 posts, read 556,769 times
Quote:
No, I totally get it. Streets are dangerous and commuting is expensive. My feelings are that this should have been concerns of yours even before Covid, but that does not seem to be the case. If you were always concerned about crime and the cost of your commute prior to March 2020 then I stand corrected.
Are you seriously suggesting that nothing has changed in terms of cost of living and crime levels from pre-Covid days?

Old 04-09-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
See what I mean by bad faith? Give you examples of how the welfare class in this city works hand in hand with politicians to maintain and expand their handouts? You're not serious, right?
Suppose someone else was reading this conversation and was just as curious as me about the bolded. Wanted to learn more about the situation, even. At least provide some examples that support what you're saying. Otherwise who's going to take what you're saying seriously?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City