Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 12:24 AM

5,178 posts, read 5,013,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
$331k now, pretty insane. I'm going through the donor names and 90+% of them have Asian names. They must be very appreciative. Not surprised if this breaks $500,000 over the weekend.

$525,911 raised of $75,000 goal

11.5K donations

It didn't take that long to smash the $500k milestone.
I am happier watching the funds rising on this account than my own investment account......hope it will go north of $1 million and beyond...

Note the number of donors participated so far...had he run for nyc mayor, he might well get bipartisan support and easily defeat the current dumb, corrupt, incompetent mayor adams......

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-...ource=customer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 07:09 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,551,867 times
Unfortunately these tough guy Italian/Irish are leaving/priced out of the city more and more. Replaced by effeminate hipster douches that ironically vote for politicians that make the city worse and more dangerous for them.

Old 04-01-2022, 08:39 AM

2,335 posts, read 1,045,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Unfortunately these tough guy Italian/Irish are leaving/priced out of the city more and more. Replaced by effeminate hipster douches that ironically vote for politicians that make the city worse and more dangerous for them.
Cazim Suljovic is not an Italian/Irish name. Sounds Albanian or somewhere in Yugoslavia. Those people don't mess around. Albanians live and work in the worst parts of the Bronx. If you try to rob their stores then 10 white guys in track suits and gold chains with baseball bats will appear as if magic. These guys went through some genocidal civil wars in the 1990s to 2000s and aren't afraid of the local NYC criminals. The younger son is also a US veteran (news articles don't say but comments on message boards indicate he is either Army or Marines).

Old 04-01-2022, 08:58 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,551,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Cazim Suljovic is not an Italian/Irish name. Sounds Albanian or somewhere in Yugoslavia. Those people don't mess around. Albanians live and work in the worst parts of the Bronx. If you try to rob their stores then 10 white guys in track suits and gold chains with baseball bats will appear as if magic. These guys went through some genocidal civil wars in the 1990s to 2000s and aren't afraid of the local NYC criminals. The younger son is also a US veteran (news articles don't say but comments on message boards indicate he is either Army or Marines).

Even better. I'll take a slavic immigrant any day over pajama boy from Ohio.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:04 AM

2,335 posts, read 1,045,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Even better. I'll take a slavic immigrant any day over pajama boy from Ohio.
Yea, me too. You just have to be careful saying what country they're from. They get very touchy about it even though they look the same. Call a Serb a Bosnian and you will get into a fight or a Croat an Albanian. I just say Balkans or former Yugoslavia and leave it at that.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:11 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,639,211 times
Quote:
It was the way the CBS news article was written. The police only arrested 2 persons. Yet others pointed out there was a 3rd person on the scene. So it was confusing. The situation was only clarified after reading another news article who said they were brothers in law.

I didn't find it confusing in the copy and paste of the article. I just think it sucks that the father-son relationship that was endearing about the heroes who beat these perps and is a testament to good parenting got perversely transferred to the perps instead.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:18 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,444,601 times
Quote:

Cazim Suljovic is a Bosnian Muslim name. Positively. An Albanian could be Cazim, but not Suljovic. Last names ending with -ic (equivalent to Anglo names ending with -son) are Slavic. Albanians are actually not Slavs.

Old 04-02-2022, 04:52 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,314,531 times
In the old days before my time when a crime like this happened the residents would be so outraged they would storm the jail, take the suspects and hang them from a tree. Boy those must have been good righteous times.

Old 04-02-2022, 07:40 PM

1,063 posts, read 554,559 times
Quote:
I mix up Albania and Armenia. Would Armenians do the same?

Old 04-03-2022, 03:45 PM

65 posts, read 56,802 times
$712,977 raised of $75,000 goal

Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City