Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2022, 11:41 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,013,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Covid is over even the cdc giving up!!
Ill miss it.
Work from home, Millions of morons staying home, open roads and freedom galore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 12:34 PM

6,699 posts, read 6,078,519 times
Actually, I was asked by my HR department to plan to show up at the office in September
I get to work from home only two days a week. I don’t even know if my office clothes from two years ago fit!

Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
New York City is NOT obsessed with Covid. I think that the current scene is laissez faire, aka if you get it you get it...or you don't.
Well maybe not anymore. But the city still has vaccine mandates in place so to me it is.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:17 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,613,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Well maybe not anymore. But the city still has vaccine mandates in place so to me it is.
Also it’s the only city left in the country where I still see a significant number of people with masks on when they’re outside and walking alone. I don’t see that nearly as much in DC, Boston, SF…..

Old 08-21-2022, 12:35 PM

35,316 posts, read 17,217,680 times
Someone I played tennis outdoors with yesterday, about 25 miles from NYC, was wearing a mask under his chin. I pointed out that the mask doesn't do much good there. He promptly put it in position. It was ripped, and I pointed that out. He finally took it off, putting a new one on later.

It's gone beyond public-health theater and virtue-signalling to the point where it's self-parody.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:46 PM

25,424 posts, read 37,199,557 times
To some people, wearing masks is criminal or offensive. It is NEITHER.

Stop being the anti-mask police, It is not your business if someone wants to cover the bottom half of his face.

Old 08-21-2022, 01:02 PM

Sometimes people wear masks if they have chapped lips or no lipstick

Old 08-21-2022, 02:20 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,262,968 times
Quote:
To some people, wearing masks is criminal or offensive. It is NEITHER.

Stop being the anti-mask police, It is not your business if someone wants to cover the bottom half of his face.
I'd like to, but it becomes my business when they are admonishing me for NOT wearing a mask.

I've been trying to mind my business all these years, but the mask-mandaters are always giving me dirty looks and making obscene comments towards me for expressing the freedom to NOT mask.

I imagine that many others who are commenting have had the same experiences and share a similar sentiment.

Old 08-21-2022, 02:24 PM

3,776 posts, read 3,509,088 times
Quote:

Stop being the anti-mask police
My my my how the tables have turned. Didn't see you saying anything when mask enforcers were yelling at people to PUT MASKS ON.

Old 08-21-2022, 02:50 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,613,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I'd like to, but it becomes my business when they are admonishing me for NOT wearing a mask.

I've been trying to mind my business all these years, but the mask-mandaters are always giving me dirty looks and making obscene comments towards me for expressing the freedom to NOT mask.

I imagine that many others who are commenting have had the same experiences and share a similar sentiment.
Exactly. I wouldn’t care nearly as much if the mask obsessed group hadn’t for two years glared at me, walked out into oncoming traffic to avoid me, and made under the breathe comments about “not caring about lives” when I didn’t feel like wearing a mask OUTSIDE. At the beginning of the pandemic, I was actually one of the first people I know to go out and buy a mask - it’s not the mask itself but the ridiculous cult following around it that I have a problem with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City