Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2022, 10:41 AM

34,179 posts, read 47,465,420 times

Advertisements

As long as this thread stays alive, the obsession continues

110 pages, even I’m impressed

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 10:52 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,530,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
As long as this thread stays alive, the obsession continues

110 pages, even I’m impressed
I think you're overestimating the impact that CD has on public policy. The obsession continues none the less, with our unelected governor just recently re-upping the "state of emergency" for another month, ads imploring people to get the obviously ineffective vaccine airing all day on network television, and people still walking the streets with masks (and arguing on Twitter that the government should make them mandatory again).

Old 08-22-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I think you're overestimating the impact that CD has on public policy. The obsession continues none the less, with our unelected governor just recently re-upping the "state of emergency" for another month, ads imploring people to get the obviously ineffective vaccine airing all day on network television, and people still walking the streets with masks (and arguing on Twitter that the government should make them mandatory again).
If such is the case, then why did this thread go for 110 pages. I’m not even being sarcastic. I’m thoroughly surprised this thread has went as long as it did.

People on here tend to act as if Covid is a big nothingburger but threads like this say otherwise.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:01 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Its not lasting long: https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/ny-gov...es-in-schools/

Last edited by Gilmoregal; 08-22-2022 at 02:17 PM..

Old 08-22-2022, 06:39 PM

65 posts, read 56,802 times
So at this point, are people worried that if they let their guard down, COVID will return with vengeance?

For me, the pandemic is etched into my head for reasons beyond COVID, so I am going to be ''defensive'' as in mask on when in most public spaces, sanitizing common touched areas, hand sanitizers, etc.

Old 08-22-2022, 06:44 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,530,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If such is the case, then why did this thread go for 110 pages. I’m not even being sarcastic. I’m thoroughly surprised this thread has went as long as it did.

People on here tend to act as if Covid is a big nothingburger but threads like this say otherwise.
It's gone on for 110 pages precisely because of what I just said - the powers that be are still acting like it's a big thing and you better go out and get your dumb shots that don't work. And if you were fired for not getting the shot, you're still not getting your job back. And for God's sake don't look too closely at the data being released by Pfizer showing that they probably committed fraud in their trials, people might get angry at the politicians for pushing these dangerous things.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
It's gone on for 110 pages precisely because of what I just said - the powers that be are still acting like it's a big thing and you better go out and get your dumb shots that don't work. And if you were fired for not getting the shot, you're still not getting your job back. And for God's sake don't look too closely at the data being released by Pfizer showing that they probably committed fraud in their trials, people might get angry at the politicians for pushing these dangerous things.
It's all a shame

Old 08-22-2022, 08:08 PM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
“”The music hasn’t changed,” Hochul said. “Get a vaccination, get a vaccination, and make sure your kids are vaccinated.””

Yep. They’re still obsessed with COVID 19. (Or actually, making pharmaceutical companies richer so they can provide some type of kickback)

Old 08-22-2022, 08:15 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,260,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
“”The music hasn’t changed,” Hochul said. “Get a vaccination, get a vaccination, and make sure your kids are vaccinated.””

Yep. They’re still obsessed with COVID 19. (Or actually, making pharmaceutical companies richer so they can provide some type of kickback)
NYC and NY State are absolutely obsessed with Covid still. Many other places have moved on to the point as if it never even happened in the first place.

Old 08-22-2022, 08:35 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

Yeah but that’s not new with big pharma . Same story different vaccine/health crisis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City