Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2022, 06:42 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,439,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Didn’t care for Cases since summer 2020. Didn’t care for como or that empty ship that was docked on west side.

Like I said it’s over. Masks been off for a long time. Life has been back to normal for more that a year and a half or so.
Screw Fauci, cdc and everyone in between, including big pharma.
The interesting thing is back in June 2021 when our vaccines actually did prevent infection (when Alpha was the dominant strain) and it was actually safe to take off your masks indoors, very few people opted to do so. 99% of people still wore masks indoors.... at least that was the case here in NYC. I even got called out by a few people for not wearing a mask at the time. But now that we don't have a vaccine that prevents infection from Omicron (and only reduces hospitalizations), now suddenly, most people don't want to wear masks anymore. Doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 09:57 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,250,524 times
I walked in and around Central Park this weekend for the first time since pre-covid. What a bunch of nut jobs. It's like going in a time machine. At least half the people walking through the park had masks on and probably 90-95 percent of people in the stores in the area had masks.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The interesting thing is back in June 2021 when our vaccines actually did prevent infection (when Alpha was the dominant strain) and it was actually safe to take off your masks indoors, very few people opted to do so. 99% of people still wore masks indoors.... at least that was the case here in NYC. I even got called out by a few people for not wearing a mask at the time. But now that we don't have a vaccine that prevents infection from Omicron (and only reduces hospitalizations), now suddenly, most people don't want to wear masks anymore. Doesn't make sense.
Sure it does. It's a combination of covid fatigue but more importantly it's a much weaker variant than we had a year ago with ever improving treatments and the more time goes on the more people have had covid and the less they're worried about getting it.

Old 04-24-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I walked in and around Central Park this weekend for the first time since pre-covid. What a bunch of nut jobs. It's like going in a time machine. At least half the people walking through the park had masks on and probably 90-95 percent of people in the stores in the area had masks.
That’s good. Glad there are people out there still remaining cautious! Though I just went to 34th St Herald Square today and my experience was the complete opposite. Most people did not have masks on.

I think I probably need to look into upgrading to an N95 mask. The amount of people breathing on me with their Covid breath is outrageous! People out there just don’t care about other people anymore!

Old 04-24-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Sure it does. It's a combination of covid fatigue but more importantly it's a much weaker variant than we had a year ago with ever improving treatments and the more time goes on the more people have had covid and the less they're worried about getting it.
I’m not sure how “Covid fatigue” is a valid excuse. Mr. Covid is not going to say, “oh no, people are tired of me. I guess it’s time for me to go away now!”

It’s a virus! You can be fatigued all you want. The virus is not fatigued with us and will keep on spreading and getting worse if people start letting their guards down!

Nobody is more tired of this virus than I am. But then, I’m also tired of robberies? Does that mean I should give up and leave my house unlocked when I’m not home?

Old 04-25-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I’m not sure how “Covid fatigue” is a valid excuse. Mr. Covid is not going to say, “oh no, people are tired of me. I guess it’s time for me to go away now!”

It’s a virus! You can be fatigued all you want. The virus is not fatigued with us and will keep on spreading and getting worse if people start letting their guards down!

Nobody is more tired of this virus than I am. But then, I’m also tired of robberies? Does that mean I should give up and leave my house unlocked when I’m not home?
It's human nature.
For example most reasonable people were ok with being locked down for a month or to to slow the spread but also realize that's not reaosnably long term and won't do that forever.

The worse something is the more I'm willing to alter my lifestyle ,cost myself money or make myself uncomfortable to avoid it-and the longer I'm willing to do those things.

You totally ignore the facts I mentioned of

1)covid being far less dangerous than it was intitially or even a year ago
2)treatments being better and vaccines easily accessible-to be fair as you said they were for the original variant and don't were nearly as well on later variants. But for many people some protection is better than none.
3)a lot more people have had covid already than last year and have immunity from that.Additionally many had extremely mild or even no symptoms so they're not going to be worried about getting it again.
4) people wearing masks to walk outdoors are absolutely insane and completely denying science and logic.

And actually the virus in a way is fatigued with us-even without improved treatments testing it vaccines it's still less harmful than it used to be.

Locking your house when you leave is a horrendous analogy to all of the nonsense that's gone on with covid for at least the last year.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:56 AM

3,776 posts, read 3,509,088 times
Quote:

The virus is fatigued. Its weaker. Much weaker. Even showing you the data on how deaths and hospitalization is at record lows proving how weak it is, yet you choose to stay scared.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:32 AM

3,166 posts, read 2,773,967 times
I mean, I say it again: you cover all my COVID costs, including paying me cash for my sick days I have to use, and I'll *think* about dropping my mask indoors in public. Until then, you're basically chiding people for not wanting to get an illness which, even if it doesn't put you in the hospital (unlikely for young, healthy, fully-vaxxed people), even if you don't give it to anyone else more vulnerable (much more likely), can still have you miserably sick as a dog for several days. No thank you! And what kind of weirdo wants to sign other people up for that? Is it a cult? A mental illness?

Old 04-25-2022, 11:34 AM

6,699 posts, read 6,078,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Well, the experts say to eliminate covid people should get the booster. If only people did what they were supposed to do, and trusted the experts, we woud've gotten rid of it by now!
Such BS crap and I really wish you and others like you would stop spreading such BS misinformation.

Why don't you reason that if the first and second shot didn't stop the virus, that the third won't?

And what makes you think this "vaccine" is not killing anyone? Recent studies using big data analyses indicate that the vaccine is doing the opposite of what it should be doing - killing and making people sick!

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/n...-countries?s=r

You would've taken Radithor with opiates had the doctors prescribed them to you, I'm sure!

Old 04-25-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I mean, I say it again: you cover all my COVID costs, including paying me cash for my sick days I have to use, and I'll *think* about dropping my mask indoors in public. Until then, you're basically chiding people for not wanting to get an illness which, even if it doesn't put you in the hospital (unlikely for young, healthy, fully-vaxxed people), even if you don't give it to anyone else more vulnerable (much more likely), can still have you miserably sick as a dog for several days. No thank you! And what kind of weirdo wants to sign other people up for that? Is it a cult? A mental illness?

Exactly, man! I've said it many times before that I HATED it when I used to get the cold or flu. I remember in 2009, 2017 and 2020, I had to call out sick from work for a FULL WEEK because I was sick in bed with the flu. I remember my boss at the time was never understanding and was not happy that I was out of work for so long. I remember getting harassed with phone calls from him and he kept pestering me to provide an estimated date of return. I'm like, really? I'll return to work when my fever eventually goes away and stabilizes! I'm sorry, but my body doesn't provide me a scheduled date of when that will happen!

So given all that nonsense that I've been through during the pre-pandemic days, why would I subject myself to catching an illness that is more serious and more contagious? And it could easily be avoided by just simply putting on a face mask!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City