Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 08:52 PM

5,669 posts, read 2,608,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Exactly, I’m not wearing a mask because it’s what the politicians tell me or what these “experts” are saying. I wear a mask because I know it’s protective; not just from Covid, but from the cold and flu as well.

In fact, these past few months, politicians and experts say it’s ok not to wear a mask anymore and many listened and that’s why many NYers no longer wear masks. But I, on the other hand, chose to continue wearing one.
Your immune system must be shot. When you finally stop wearing a mask be prepared to get sick because you will have no immunity left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 09:22 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,215,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Your immune system must be shot. When you finally stop wearing a mask be prepared to get sick because you will have no immunity left.
I'm never going to take MY MASK off!!!

Old 05-21-2022, 01:06 AM

3,490 posts, read 1,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Of course I'll have immunity. Masks will not 100% filter out everything, but it will filter out most and thus, the viral loads will be less and gives your immune system a chance to fight it off. Hence, you won't get sick.

This is why the vaccines don't appear to be working and there are so many breakthrough cases. It's because the viral loads of Omicron are so high, it's overwhelming the immune system. Therefore, you get infected and get sick!

Old 05-21-2022, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I'm never going to take MY MASK off!!!
I've taught you well, my friend!

Old 05-21-2022, 06:31 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I have to say we normally agree, and your posts are logical and coherent. Once in a while we must part paths, and this is one of those occasions. There may very well be rare adverse effects from the vaccines. And it is quite true that vaccines do not appear to totally prevent infection. What they have done, quite successfully, is to transform Covid into a disease where you are counting days away from work, rather than looking in the eyes of death.

I do not think we should get hysterical in either direction; either of the disease, or of the vaccines.
I guess middle-of-the-road opinions are ignored. I feel like I am shouting into the wind.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:39 PM

Oh man, it's freakin' hot today in NYC!! What a spike up in temperature! Was extremely difficult wearing a mask in this heat. I was sweating like crazy to the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out! Tell me, why was I advocating for masks again?

Old 05-21-2022, 05:55 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Oh man, it's freakin' hot today in NYC!! What a spike up in temperature! Was extremely difficult wearing a mask in this heat. I was sweating like crazy to the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out! Tell me, why was I advocating for masks again?
Seriously, I assume the heat reduces transmissibility. It is not my desire to make fun of people who are concerned, despite my "pineapple" and "diaper" remarks. My true belief is that the case count has its ups and downs, but in general, we are not talking about serious consequences from catching Covid, beyond the seriousness that influenza may have in vulnerable populations.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Seriously, I assume the heat reduces transmissibility. It is not my desire to make fun of people who are concerned, despite my "pineapple" and "diaper" remarks. My true belief is that the case count has its ups and downs, but in general, we are not talking about serious consequences from catching Covid, beyond the seriousness that influenza may have in vulnerable populations.
I don't wear masks outdoors, so I'm talking mainly indoors. When you're outdoors and you're dying from the heat, and then finally walk into an indoor establishment that has the A/C on, it would be nice to enjoy the A/C, but instead you have to don on a mask while you're dripping sweat from the heat outside. Not really pleasant.

Unfortunately, virus still spreads indoors in the summer, so I need to toughen it up and put the mask on. Must continue to fight through this pandemic...

Old 05-22-2022, 12:25 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
I don't wear masks outdoors, so I'm talking mainly indoors. When you're outdoors and you're dying from the heat, and then finally walk into an indoor establishment that has the A/C on, it would be nice to enjoy the A/C, but instead you have to don on a mask while you're dripping sweat from the heat outside. Not really pleasant.

Unfortunately, virus still spreads indoors in the summer, so I need to toughen it up and put the mask on. Must continue to fight through this pandemic...
no you don't.
i mean if you're in a meeting or a poker game and want to be safe then go ahead. walking through a store why bother?you're not gonna get it from walking by someone for 2 seconds.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:27 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,215,399 times
This summer, MONKEYPOX is coming to a city...COVID shut down Spring 2020, just in time for elections... will MONKEYPOX shut down Summer 2022, just in time for elections?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City