Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2022, 07:01 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
What's your point?
That it's a joke that any place at all is requiring these things and would explain why people are bailing from this city in DROVES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 07:27 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
With cases rising again, I strongly suggest that people stop complaining about masks and wear the damn thing. It’s people’s refusal to wear them that is causing this pandemic to never end. I knew cases were going to go back up again due to people’s recklessness and here we are… deja va all over again!

The more stubborn we are about wearing masks, the longer we’ll need to wear them. Suck it up and just wear it and we may ditch them sooner than you think!
Been hearing that since 2020 and Im over it

Old 04-16-2022, 08:27 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
All recovered and on vacay down south! F-covid.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-16-2022, 09:03 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Wear your face diapers you potty mouths.

Old 04-16-2022, 09:04 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Been hearing that since 2020 and Im over it
Yup and no one complied since 2020 and that’s why Covid isn’t done with us.

I could say “F Covid” but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still out there and could infect or possibly kill me or the people I infect. So as much as I hate it, I will still wear a mask.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:21 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
With cases rising again, I strongly suggest that people stop complaining about masks and wear the damn thing. It’s people’s refusal to wear them that is causing this pandemic to never end. I knew cases were going to go back up again due to people’s recklessness and here we are… deja va all over again!

The more stubborn we are about wearing masks, the longer we’ll need to wear them. Suck it up and just wear it and we may ditch them sooner than you think!
If wearing a mask is all it takes to end this, then why is Covid still around in East Asia where mask wearing has been universal since the start of the pandemic? China in particular is experiencing a big spike in cases right now. They’re doing full on lockdowns of their cities and everyone obediently follows the rules, stays home, and wears a mask. And yet, Covid still persists and won’t go away….

Old 04-17-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
If wearing a mask is all it takes to end this, then why is Covid still around in East Asia where mask wearing has been universal since the start of the pandemic? China in particular is experiencing a big spike in cases right now. They’re doing full on lockdowns of their cities and everyone obediently follows the rules, stays home, and wears a mask. And yet, Covid still persists and won’t go away….
Not just wearing a mask, but social distancing and staying home as much as possible. And by wearing a mask, I mean wearing it covering the nose AND mouth. Wearing it with the nose exposed, on your chin, hanging on your ear or wearing it on your arm is NOT considered wearing a mask. That accomplishes nothing!

And wearing a mask also needs to be combined with social distancing. Rule of thumb…. Treat everyone you see as if they have Covid. Get the hell away and stay, at a minimum, 6 feet away from them. If EVERYONE did that, I can’t imagine the virus spreading the way it is. And I guarantee you people haven’t been following that because it is extremely hard to stay six feet away from others because people keep coming near me. It’s like, come on, get away & stay 6 feet away please!! It’s not that hard!

Until the day I catch Covid while wearing a mask, THEN I will believe it’s useless. But it’s two years into the pandemic and I’ve NEVER caught it yet… and I even skipped the booster shot. So I’m convinced the mask works and like I said, I will change my stance if/when I catch Covid. Heck, if I even catch a cold, I will also change my stance as well. But I also haven’t caught that in two years!

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 04-17-2022 at 09:27 AM..

Old 04-17-2022, 09:30 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
Not just wearing a mask, but social distancing and staying home as much as possible. And by wearing a mask, I mean wearing it covering the nose AND mouth. Wearing it with the nose exposed, on your chin, hanging on your ear or wearing it on your arm is NOT considered wearing a mask. That accomplishes nothing!

And wearing a mask also needs to be combined with social distancing. Rule of thumb…. Treat everyone you see as if they have Covid. Get the hell away and stay, at a minimum, 6 feet away from them. If EVERYONE did that, I can’t imagine the virus spreading the way it is. And I guarantee you people haven’t been following that because it is extremely hard to stay six feet away from others because people keep coming near me. It’s like, come on, get away & stay 6 feet away please!! It’s not that hard!

Until the day I catch Covid while wearing a mask, THEN I will believe it’s useless. But it’s two years into the pandemic and I’ve NEVER caught it yet… and I even skipped the booster shot. So I’m convinced the mask works and like I said, I will change my stance if/when I catch Covid. Heck, if I even catch as much a cold, I will also change my stance as well. But also haven’t caught that in two years!
You didn’t answer my question at all. Why haven’t those mask wearing and social distancing policies worked in Asia, where everyone wears a mask properly covering the nose and mouth all the time? China has locked down entire cities and forbidden millions from leaving their homes. They’re doing exactly what you’re proposing and yet they still can’t get rid of Covid.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
You didn’t answer my question at all. Why haven’t those mask wearing and social distancing policies worked in Asia, where everyone wears a mask properly covering the nose and mouth all the time? China has locked down entire cities and forbidden millions from leaving their homes. They’re doing exactly what you’re proposing and yet they still can’t get rid of Covid.
No they are not. They can enforce all they want, but doesn't mean people are complying. Mandates are useless if people don't comply.

People are stubborn about masks globally; not just in the U.S.

And last I checked, China's numbers are FAR lower than the U.S., so more people are complying there, but still not everyone. We need 100% compliance if we want to crush this thing once and for all.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:08 AM

3,130 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Glad you got vaccinated, AirborneGuy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City