Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 11:30 PM

3,497 posts, read 1,412,090 times

Advertisements

I'm actually surprised to see many people this weekend in NY wearing masks. I would say it's a good 50/50 split at the moment. And it's a bit surprising because I, myself, am starting to get mask fatigued. Quite surprising given that I've been preaching about mask wearing for several pages on this thread, lol. But it's just going on way too long and the weather is just too hot. I'm shocked people still have the stamina to keep wearing masks because I'm certainly losing mine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 10:55 AM

2,624 posts, read 1,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm actually surprised to see many people this weekend in NY wearing masks. I would say it's a good 50/50 split at the moment. And it's a bit surprising because I, myself, am starting to get mask fatigued. Quite surprising given that I've been preaching about mask wearing for several pages on this thread, lol. But it's just going on way too long and the weather is just too hot. I'm shocked people still have the stamina to keep wearing masks because I'm certainly losing mine...
I NEVER get mask fatigue!

HOW do I do it?

EVERY morning, at 5:15am, I go for a 45 minute jog while wearing TWO MASKS !

One CLOTH MASK underneath one N95 MASK !

If you train properly, you'll NEVER get mask fatigue!

Old 07-06-2022, 12:13 PM

5,827 posts, read 2,948,440 times
I stoped noticing people with masks on. Its like those masks blended into their dumb faces forever.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:44 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Depends where you go
In my neighborhood it's almost nobody and 90 percent of them are old who wear them

I did see a young guy walking his dog Sunday at 8am
He wore a mask
Not just any mask a black lives matter mask
And the letters were the color of the rainbow

He was the first person I'd seen in about 5 blocks outside and I'd bet anything he owes 6 figures for a worthless degree

Then I go through Manhattan and it's like ive taken a time machine with all the masks

Old 07-06-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I stoped noticing people with masks on. Its like those masks blended into their dumb faces forever.
I went to the mall yesterday since I had the day off and since it was a workday, the mall didn't have many people, so I felt no need to wear a mask. So I went maskless and there was this older couple wearing KN95 masks that gave me the dirtiest look. I felt kinda guilty, to be honest.

That's actually why I hate going around maskless. It upsets some people. I think as a courtesy, I should continue to remain masked.

Old 07-06-2022, 05:40 PM

5,827 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Quote:
I went to the mall yesterday since I had the day off and since it was a workday, the mall didn't have many people, so I felt no need to wear a mask. So I went maskless and there was this older couple wearing KN95 masks that gave me the dirtiest look. I felt kinda guilty, to be honest.

That's actually why I hate going around maskless. It upsets some people. I think as a courtesy, I should continue to remain masked.
I dont usually care for people around me, but anyone wearing a mask I feel is retarded and if I notice them I usually feel sorry for them.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:08 PM

828 posts, read 772,060 times
Quote:
...and there was this older couple wearing KN95 masks that gave me the dirtiest look...
How could you tell it was a a dirty look? Maybe it was a smile.

Old 07-07-2022, 09:33 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,068 times
Quote:

90% of the people still wearing masks everywhere these days always have the most sour miserable looks on their faces. Like I’ve said before, it must get exhausting judging the hundreds/thousands of maskless smiling faces you see every time you step out the door.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
90% of the people still wearing masks everywhere these days always have the most sour miserable looks on their faces. Like I’ve said before, it must get exhausting judging the hundreds/thousands of maskless smiling faces you see every time you step out the door.
I've always been an advocate for wearing masks as way to keep the spread down until we find a permanent solution for this. But two years into this, we have no permanent solution and a possible 6th wave. So what's the plan? Wear a mask? Nothing new on the table to combat this thing? It's getting old and it's at the point where it feels like we're being asked to mask forever. Just seems a bit much, if you ask me.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:02 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Are they saying this next strain is the worst so everyone gets another booster shot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City