Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 06:45 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,809,434 times

Advertisements

Don't know how effective this is going to be but here's hoping. The amount of dog poop I come across when taking my daily treks is unbelievable. Not to mention... disgusting! If you refuse to clean up after your pet, don't get one. Jeesh.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 06:59 PM

5,775 posts, read 2,676,198 times
Shaking my head at some of the things they come up with....
However if they gonna do it, why only in Manhattan, what about the other 4 boro's

Old 04-22-2022, 07:03 PM

1,521 posts, read 789,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
However if they gonna do it, why only in Manhattan, what about the other 4 boro's
Because politicians only care about Manhattan if at all. Human feces rubbed on someone’s face gets no bail anyways.

NYC Subway Platform Feces Attack Suspect Gets Supervised Release for Prior Hate Crime

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...tform/3579112/

Old 04-23-2022, 12:37 AM

494 posts, read 561,333 times
They should have been doing this years ago. I'm sure all the income from giving tickets to people who don't pick up after their dog could be used to house and feed the homeless.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:04 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,271,358 times
Quote:
City only cares about Manhattan.

Notice how few cross borough train lines there are in the Bronx, BK, and Queens? (That is east-west in BX, and North-South lines in the other two). But they all have tons of lines going to Manhattan. To get from Riverdale to a neighborhood along the 4 or 6, one has to go down to 96t st and then take the 2 or the 3 back up into the Bronx.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:24 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,070,395 times
I'm not in NYC, but I would think homeless human poop is more important than dog poop.

You can pick-on responsible pet owners, because they have ID, documented residences and money to take.

Not the same case for the homeless, but the homeless do go #1 and #2 on the city streets and parks and alleys. But you dont want to tackle that... far easier to go after pet owners...

Old 04-23-2022, 01:43 AM

32,035 posts, read 27,248,802 times
Quote:
It's more of an issue in Manhattan due to high amount of multi-family housing.

Out on say Staten Island and other areas dominated by one to three family homes, a homeowner catches you not cleaning up after your dog, and you're going to hear a few words. If it happens often enough and things could escalate. People take pride in keeping their property nice, and those who mess things up, especially come from another street or block to do so aren't welcome.

Then consider fact where homes have front or back yards, many let Fido do his thing on their own property.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:11 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,271,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
I'm not in NYC, but I would think homeless human poop is more important than dog poop.

You can pick-on responsible pet owners, because they have ID, documented residences and money to take.

Not the same case for the homeless, but the homeless do go #1 and #2 on the city streets and parks and alleys. But you dont want to tackle that... far easier to go after pet owners...
SF has a live, open source, online "poop map" where people can mark where poop was seen, guess if it's animal or human, and post pictures.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:33 PM

2,988 posts, read 1,179,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
SF has a live, open source, online "poop map" where people can mark where poop was seen, guess if it's animal or human, and post pictures.
SF has turd patrols who are paid to clean human turd!!

Old 04-23-2022, 06:14 PM

5,775 posts, read 2,676,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It's more of an issue in Manhattan due to high amount of multi-family housing.
*BS* How often are you in the Bronx? There is SH*T everywhere. It's like playing hop scotch dodging it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City