Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 06:48 AM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times

Advertisements

"A Queens prostitute who fatally drugged several of her sex clients, including a Cipriani chef, in a twisted robbery scheme was hit with 30 years in federal prison on Tuesday.

Angelina Barini’s greed left four men dead in the summer of 2019 — and she didn’t let the rising body count deter her plans to incapacitate and rob the men who hired her for sex."

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...hxy-story.html

https://nypost.com/2022/04/26/nyc-pr...s-of-four-men/

Just a reminder there is no parole in federal system, thus 30 years will likely mean just that or close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 07:36 AM

2,457 posts, read 1,227,217 times
Legalize it

Old 04-27-2022, 08:23 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Legalize it
There would be no way to stop rampant human trafficking, if it were legalized.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:41 AM

37,232 posts, read 39,498,461 times
30 years seems kind of short for killing four people even if it's without intent to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There would be no way to stop rampant human trafficking, if it were legalized.

What's the scale difference on human trafficking between having prostitution legalized or not?

I'd be curious about the country stats per capita on that with nearest neighbor between a country where prostitution is legalized (green) and regulated versus a country where prostitution is illegal (red).

Old 04-27-2022, 08:57 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
30 years seems kind of short for killing four people even if it's without intent to kill.

What's the scale difference on human trafficking between having prostitution legalized or not?

I'd be curious about the country stats per capita on that with nearest neighbor between a country where prostitution is legalized (green) and regulated versus a country where prostitution is illegal (red).

"Regulated". Hmm.... I see what you mean. I was thinking, that if it were legalized, it would be harder to uncover trafficking. But if all of it had to be like a registered and taxed business, then anyone not complying could be arrested. So maybe you have a point. Maybe organized crime wouldn't be interested in operating under those circumstances. I don't know. There must have been studies done on the effect on trafficking and organized crime involvement that legalization has had.

What does the purple color stand for? (Argentina, Mexico, Indonesia...). What does the bright blue (Australia) mean? And orange? (Canada, France, Sweden/Nwy)

Thx for posting.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:07 AM

37,232 posts, read 39,498,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Regulated". Hmm.... I see what you mean. I was thinking, that if it were legalized, it would be harder to uncover trafficking. But if all of it had to be like a registered and taxed business, then anyone not complying could be arrested. So maybe you have a point. Maybe organized crime wouldn't be interested in operating under those circumstances. I don't know. There must have been studies done on the effect on trafficking and organized crime involvement that legalization has had.

What does the purple color stand for? (Argentina, Mexico, Indonesia...). What does the bright blue (Australia) mean? And orange? (Canada, France, Sweden/Nwy)

Thx for posting.

I got it from this wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_law

Green - Legalization – prostitution legal and regulated
Light blue - Decriminalization – no criminal penalties for prostitution
Dark blue - Abolitionism – prostitution is legal, but organized activities such as brothels and pimping are illegal; prostitution is not regulated
Orange - Neo-abolitionism – illegal to buy sex and for 3rd party involvement, legal to sell sex
Red - Prohibitionism – prostitution illegal
Grey - Legality varies with local laws

Old 04-27-2022, 09:34 AM

5,848 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Damn, 30 years is a long time. Might as well off yourself. Even if you make it and come out, there will be no one left waiting for you.

Old 04-27-2022, 10:05 AM

18,480 posts, read 31,670,709 times
30 years, killed 4 people, I am thinking she needs to be put away for life.

the laws we have here are so messed up it isnt even funny.

Old 04-27-2022, 12:11 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,095,985 times
Why would anyone, let alone four people, take a drink from a prostitute they just met? Why would they take a drink in the first place? Maybe a can of soda if they are really thirsty but you don’t see a prostitute for beverages.

Old 04-27-2022, 12:44 PM

18,480 posts, read 31,670,709 times
This punishment was not severe enough.

Just on the fact that this piece of garbage had zero regard for human life alone, (to me),
the judge should have of given her life with no parole, ever.

This, (to me) is when the death penalty, which I firmly believe in,

needs to be re-instated in NY.

We have a lot of garbage that need to be thrown away.

This womans actions were despicable, and beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: