Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 12:26 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,285,065 times

Advertisements

This was in response to another hit and run incident right in front of Yankee Stadium where a woman was killed. The car in question had a ton of stolen catalytic converters. The perps ran and left the car behind after hitting the woman.

Quote:
"I hate it here. I wish I didn't live in the Bronx," said Gail Ganett. "There's too much crime, too much shooting, too many innocent people getting hurt. I wish I didn't live in the Bronx. My heart goes out, I'm almost crying for that lady. And these people jump out, these people didn't give a damn."
https://abc7ny.com/bronx-crash-yanke...UI5vp4N_aeKlkI

I must say that I've heard of some really disturbing incidents in The Bronx in the last few days. Police officer attacked off-duty just jogging in the morning. Left with a fractured skull.

Then there was a 67 year old attacked and robbed in broad daylight. All points to a borough that seems to be out of control, with a Bronx District Attorney that seems useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 12:51 PM

5,807 posts, read 2,936,362 times
Well. Bronx has always been an armpit of NYC. Most decent residents either moved or died a long time ago.
Pipe in the new residents from arm pits of South America and you have the current Bronx.

Which is unfortunate. I like burnt more than queens, but less than Brooklyn.
Bronco would
Be great if it was more Scarsdale like. But thats just impossible.

Old 08-27-2022, 07:37 PM

870 posts, read 413,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Well. Bronx has always been an armpit of NYC. Most decent residents either moved or died a long time ago.
Pipe in the new residents from arm pits of South America and you have the current Bronx.

Bronco would
Glad to know I live in an armpit. My section of the Bronx, though not crime-free, is way safer than constantly gentrifying yet forever ish-holes Brooklyn areas where I used to live, Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights.

Also, Brooklyn crime rate is still higher than the Bronx crime rate.

Last edited by Robert.Dinero; 08-27-2022 at 08:01 PM..

Old 08-27-2022, 08:13 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,923,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post

Bronco would
The Bronx have some nice areas like Riverdale, Morris Park, Throggs Neck, Country Club, Woodlawn Heights. Parts of Riverdale look like Westchester county suburb.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:47 PM

870 posts, read 413,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The Bronx have some nice areas like Riverdale, Morris Park, Throggs Neck, Country Club, Woodlawn Heights. Parts of Riverdale look like Westchester county suburb.
And also some OK areas like Pelham Parkway, Kingsbridge, Bedford Park and Norwood, Parkchester, Westchester Square, half of Soundview and half of Castle Hill.

Old 08-28-2022, 08:48 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
And also some OK areas like Pelham Parkway, Kingsbridge, Bedford Park and Norwood, Parkchester, Westchester Square, half of Soundview and half of Castle Hill.
Which areas of Soundview and Castle Hill are nice? I thought those areas were trashed years ago.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:02 AM

2,614 posts, read 1,211,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Which areas of Soundview and Castle Hill are nice? I thought those areas were trashed years ago.
He said OK areas. Not nice.

Not sure about Soundview, but there are some decent parts of Castle Hill.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:39 AM

155 posts, read 120,969 times
Soundview is a large area, and a lot of people include Clason Point in their interpretation of Soundview. Generally, the areas south of the Bruckner Expwy are better than that north of the Bruckner Expwy.

Castle Hill is a decent area, especially between Westchester Av & the Cross Bronx/Bruckner Interchange.

The Bronx has a lot of hidden gems, but unfortunately, the large part of the borough is riddled with gang violence and quality of life crimes. It's getting more and more unbearable, and the decent areas of the Bronx are also beginning to see occurrences of crime that hadn't existed in either a very long time, or ever.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:43 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown07 View Post
The Bronx has a lot of hidden gems, but unfortunately, the large part of the borough is riddled with gang violence and quality of life crimes. It's getting more and more unbearable, and the decent areas of the Bronx are also beginning to see occurrences of crime that hadn't existed in either a very long time, or ever.
You must be mistaken. We have a number of posters on this forum who insist that crime has always existed everywhere and in the same amount. The only difference being that now some crime is caught on cell phone cameras.

I'd urge you to reconsider this obviously erroneous statement.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:51 AM

2,614 posts, read 1,211,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
You must be mistaken. We have a number of posters on this forum who insist that crime has always existed everywhere and in the same amount. The only difference being that now some crime is caught on cell phone cameras.

I'd urge you to reconsider this obviously erroneous statement.
Those God forsaken CELL PHONE CAMERAS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City