Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 03:56 PM

270 posts, read 145,852 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kefir King;64092403]Problem with tokens; you cannot get a free transfer.

An OMNY card is different from a Senior Metrocard, HOW?[/QUOT

You're right...unless the MTA allows drivers to give people paper transfers again. I highly doubt it will ever happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 04:21 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,409,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Problem with tokens; you cannot get a free transfer.

An OMNY card is different from a Senior Metrocard, HOW?[/QUOT

You're right...unless the MTA allows drivers to give people paper transfers again. I highly doubt it will ever happen again.
That’s a real shame…maybe they will figure one out for when OMNY officially rolls out. I think they will have a good amount of hiccups the first few months that will need to be corrected

Last edited by Gilmoregal; 09-06-2022 at 04:29 PM..

Old 09-06-2022, 05:47 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,492,590 times
And just like clockwork, the "I'm scared of anything new and remotely tech-related" crowd rallies. It works perfectly fine. Haven't used a Metrocard in over a year, and I ride MTA every single day. Haven't had a problem yet and it's far more convenient than a Metrocard. The only thing about it is that it lacks monthly unlimited, which seems like a really stupid thing to be missing as a feature. It's the MTA though, so I'm not surprised.

Most other major cities use tap-to-pay and it works just fine. Get over yourselves.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:09 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Or can die on you. I’d be down for the tokens. Cheaper that way lol
I remember back in the 80s people were jamming the slots so that the tokens went in but not all the way down. Then they would put their mouth on the slot and suck the token up.

I knew a cop in Midtown South then who told me about this. The cops would spray Raid down into the slot. Lol. Sick, but creative.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I remember back in the 80s people were jamming the slots so that the tokens went in but not all the way down. Then they would put their mouth on the slot and suck the token up.

I knew a cop in Midtown South then who told me about this. The cops would spray Raid down into the slot. Lol. Sick, but creative.
Ahahaha wow, now that’s definitely creative!

Old 09-07-2022, 05:11 PM

5,706 posts, read 2,625,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
And just like clockwork, the "I'm scared of anything new and remotely tech-related" crowd rallies. It works perfectly fine. Haven't used a Metrocard in over a year, and I ride MTA every single day. Haven't had a problem yet and it's far more convenient than a Metrocard. The only thing about it is that it lacks monthly unlimited, which seems like a really stupid thing to be missing as a feature. It's the MTA though, so I'm not surprised.

Most other major cities use tap-to-pay and it works just fine. Get over yourselves.
It's not being afraid of new tech, it's not wanting that info on my phone.

Old 09-08-2022, 04:42 AM

43,710 posts, read 44,480,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
It's not being afraid of new tech, it's not wanting that info on my phone.
I feel the same and would prefer a physical OMNY card when I stop using the Metrocard.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I feel the same and would prefer a physical OMNY card when I stop using the Metrocard.
Same here. I’m hoping they figure out a weekly/monthly as well for it. That’s my major concern

Old 09-08-2022, 06:44 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,170,137 times
Quote:
I thought they selling pre paid omny cards in cvs and Walgreens etc:

Old 09-08-2022, 09:31 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,361 times
Quote:
I have a physical omni card. It works great. Available at CVS/Walgreens etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City