Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 02:20 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,264,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I don’t watch Fox News. Fox and CNN are led by people whose interest is to divide this country.
And yes, Ukraine has a huge problem with neo Nazis. Check out this article written in 2018.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1GV2TY

As for negotiating for peace, do you even know why Putin went to war (which I disagree with)?
What do they want? Why are they invading Ukraine? It’s for a reason that the mainstream media won’t share, right? In any case, George Washington said, “No foreign entanglements!” For the record, Ukraine and Russia have been fighting for centuries on end! Leave us out of it is what I say.

You must be Eastern European. I don’t see how you’d want to risk NYC being nuked over a country over there or agreeing to kill half the world for a good paying job whilst seeing impoverished delivery folks as a huge problem
I am. Russian is my native language. I'm not Ukrainian although I can understand their language obviously. I actually prefer Russia as a country over Ukraine. Ukraine, historically, has been closer to a Poland culturally.

Putin has been playing this game and trying to **** over the US for a long time. He's getting his comeuppance. This should also quite down the clowns in Iran and NK.

No one's going to nuke the US. You think Putin will physically get in an ICBM silo or a submarine and turn the key? Don't get hysterical.
Tactical nuke in Ukraine is a real possibility but if the Ukrainians are OK with that (which they seem to be) then more power to them.

Last edited by Esacni; 10-05-2022 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2022, 04:40 PM

621 posts, read 241,438 times
I ask Esacni a specific question - "How does a war in Ukraine benefit you in NYC?" And he goes off into broad-based equity funds and benefiting from the military industrial complex. In his world, geopolitical turmoil is now ROI? Cheers for Stormgal and Gilmoregal - you both are more adept at responding to him then I ever will be.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
I ask Esacni a specific question - "How does a war in Ukraine benefit you in NYC?" And he goes off into broad-based equity funds and benefiting from the military industrial complex. In his world, geopolitical turmoil is now ROI? Cheers for Stormgal and Gilmoregal - you both are more adept at responding to him then I ever will be.
My explanation answered your question. If you're asking "how does the war in Ukraine benefit potholes being filled in NYC" (specific example) then it doesn't. Housing migrants doesn't help with potholes either.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:59 PM

621 posts, read 241,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
You don't invest in a broad based equity fund? The military-industrial complex encompasses far more entities than you're accounting for (research universities, semiconductor design, steel producers, armor producers, software engineering, rubber producers, high tolerance parts producers, etc, etc, etc.). Go look at how many subcontractors Lockheed Martin alone deals with. Go research how many every day technologies were first developed for the military and then repurposed for civilian use. You don't benefit from GPS, the internet, night vision, digital cameras, etc., etc., etc.

You don't benefit from the US being the dominant military, political, and economic power in the world? I'd say your view is very myopic.
Quote:
My explanation answered your question. If you're asking "how does the war in Ukraine benefit potholes being filled in NYC" (specific example) then it doesn't. Housing migrants doesn't help with potholes either.

That's funny! Maybe Hochul and Adams should be honest and say that the migrants can fill the potholes since there are so many jobs for them to do. If it's up to Pelosi, the migrants might as well be picking cotton.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:54 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,408,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Lol after a few months I learned to take my conversations with him as serious as a joke. I think he once argued everything I post on this website is a lie. As if I don’t source every single thread I start here with a link lol

Old 10-06-2022, 05:48 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,169,328 times
This is
Going way off topic!!

Old 10-06-2022, 08:15 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times
Here is another example of the government doing something that indicates they are taking Putin's threats somewhat serious:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ar-threat.html

Old 10-06-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Lol after a few months I learned to take my conversations with him as serious as a joke. I think he once argued everything I post on this website is a lie. As if I don’t source every single thread I start here with a link lol
I claimed you're dishonest with regard to hiding your self interests when it comes to certain topics. Here's another example. I never claimed everything you post is a lie. If you can find the post where I claimed that, I'd gladly retract it.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:27 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,408,204 times
Quote:
I claimed you're dishonest with regard to hiding your self interests when it comes to certain topics. Here's another example. I never claimed everything you post is a lie. If you can find the post where I claimed that, I'd gladly retract it.
You 100% stated I specifically lie about things here. Nothing to do with self interests you didn’t mention that. & I’m not about to go through every post I’ve made on here to find a lame comment you made about me. Believe what you want it’s just hilarious because I legit source everything

Old 10-07-2022, 08:37 AM

25,376 posts, read 37,110,432 times
How long does it take to charge an e-bike?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City