Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 07:16 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
How long are these migrants going to stay in these tents? they can't stay there forever.

We can't even house OUR own homeless people, yet, we are allowing all these migrants to come here and shelter them.

Something is so wrong here.

Right on point.

If the elections are going red come November the city will be stuck with over a million undocumented, a self labeled sanctuary city taking on more masses, billions in debt, and the nail in the coffin ?
A federal government that will tell them to take a hike.

There is going to be hell to pay.

Note: not to be a negative Ned, listen to this one.

Phillies have historically won the series only to be followed by great American recessions.

1920's,30's,80's,2000's
and oh.....oh........Phillies heading to National League Championship 2022....................time will only tell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 10:14 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
How long are these migrants going to stay in these tents? they can't stay there forever.

We can't even house OUR own homeless people, yet, we are allowing all these migrants to come here and shelter them.

Something is so wrong here.
That was discussed in the housing thread: They will be moved into the city's shelters and the homeless will be moved into affordable housing specifically housing that was/will be created for low income New Yorkers.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:03 PM

106 posts, read 129,466 times
Ok that will take care of this first wave of migrants. But let’s be honest here, there is no end in sight. If the tide of people doesn’t stop, what then? This first wave is benefiting from people’s compassion—block parties and BBQ’s to raise money, and donations of food and clothes.

6 months from now, when we’re on wave number umpteen, how many of those same citizens are going to be donating clothes and food, or will they get fed up or just go broke? Ok we’re going to take care of these migrants, but there’s millions more looking to come..how can that possibly be dealt with?

A co worker told me that everyone deserves a chance to come to this country. I don’t even know what that means, but I know that 8 billion people cannot live in the United States.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:29 PM

250 posts, read 250,897 times
They’re also in our schools. 50 new families are in my child’s school. Must be nice to come to the US & get enrolled so quickly into school and not have to follow any of the rules everyone else does.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,213,992 times
The homeless should invade those nice tent cities.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
They’re also in our schools. 50 new families are in my child’s school. Must be nice to come to the US & get enrolled so quickly into school and not have to follow any of the rules everyone else does.
Have they got them registered to vote yet before the Nov election ?

Old 10-20-2022, 12:40 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
I always use this example: Will Japan allow me to fly into their country, participate in their excellent educational programs, feed me and provide me healthcare and an apartment with gorgeous views to a volcano and ocean? Since the answer is obviously no, why should the American taxpayer pay for the globe to come here for free without a background check to see if they can support themselves like all other countries do?

Old 10-20-2022, 12:40 PM

I wonder if we’re neighbors…there’s 50 in my school also. A man dropped off 2 daughters this morning. He had on 2 gold hoop earrings(not sure if they were real gold, to be fair), a new iPhone, a cap that said I ❤️ NY, a jacket that said I ❤️ NY, sweatpants that said I ❤️ NY, and a damn backpack that also said, drum roll please, I ❤️ NY.

I, personally, no longer ❤️ NY.

I look at these migrants and I feel like I’m at Great Adventure and people are cutting the line while everyone else is waiting their turn.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
They fired people that wouldn’t get an experimental vaccine, and everyone is still required to be vaccinated, but they can be enrolled with no restrictions? What the hell, really?

Old 10-20-2022, 04:44 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The punch line was "he was no longer able to stay with his family "

Why?
Aspiring actor whose own family won't let him live with them. Translation, probably has severe behavioral problems and drug addiction. Otherwise, aspiring actors tend to be narcissists as well. They have to be in order to be successful. Just do what all the other aspiring actors do and work in a restaurant as a waiter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City