Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 06:56 AM

33 posts, read 11,498 times

Advertisements

Reggie, one day you might look back fondly how badly managed nyc is in accomical sense and dont forget eric adams. You may look back and remember those good old days how much of a clownshow it was.

I will too, sitting on my 4.5 million dollar yacht, floating near a pier in bali on a perfect day, sipping daiquiris with my family, monitoring my investment portfolio, living that life of a real new yorker who made it.

Until then, each and everyone of us appreciates your support. We appreciate that you took those shots for dr fauci, and those boosters for deblasio. We need you guys to keep pushing through your jobs to pay for everyone else mistakes.

Thanks and i really mean it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 07:16 AM

1,918 posts, read 755,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonVaxxedNYer View Post
Reggie, one day you might look back fondly how badly managed nyc is in accomical sense and dont forget eric adams. You may look back and remember those good old days how much of a clownshow it was.

I will too, sitting on my 4.5 million dollar yacht, floating near a pier in bali on a perfect day, sipping daiquiris with my family, monitoring my investment portfolio, living that life of a real new yorker who made it.

Until then, each and everyone of us appreciates your support. We appreciate that you took those shots for dr fauci, and those boosters for deblasio. We need you guys to keep pushing through your jobs to pay for everyone else mistakes.

Thanks and i really mean it.
You seem to misunderstand me. I was opposed to vax mandates and the termination of employment. I encourage every one of those fired to get multi million dollar settlements. It's the only way the morons in the city government will learn.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:12 AM

19,110 posts, read 12,826,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
OP - are you aware that the ruling was meant to affect only about 17 FDNY plaintiffs, and NOT the entire city government nonvaxxed workforce ?
Your original post, including linked article incorrectly stated that (I’m paraphrasing) it was a win for ALL unvaccinated city workers. And sure enough some of the gullible commentariat fell for it.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/25/judge-...ource=mail_app

“Under terms of the ruling, dated Monday, the fired sanitation workers were to be “reinstated to their full employment status” as of 6 a.m. Tuesday.”

Or read here
https://gothamist.com/news/staten-is...s-city-appeals

I agree that it’s stupid to fire people because of vaccination status, I wish them their jobs back and damages reward.
Judge ruled it unconstitutional. The NY State constitution applies to everyone, not just 17 people

From the source, the actual ruling:
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nys...utOxtfdQ4Adw==

“The Health Commissioner cannot create a new condition of employment for city employees, . . . cannot prohibit an employee from reporting to work . . . [and] cannot terminate employees. The Mayor cannot exempt certain employees from these orders,”

“If it was about safety and public health, no one would be exempt. It is time for the City of New York to do what is right and what is just,”

- Judge Ralph J. Porzio

Old 10-27-2022, 11:54 AM

Reggie, in the end when all is said and done, the city will probably get their way, for the most part, it will just be tough luck for the non vaxxed. If you lived through it, the way they slowly terminated the unvaccinated you see it the way it is, like a chess board.

If a lot of non vaxxed government workers get money, even a million each, it would be miniscule compared to what the leaders are doing right now. The largest public charge in the cities history is going to originate from mayor adams tent city. That tent city is guaranteed to absolutely ruin nyc unlike anything else it has ever experienced.

A million for me or other previous workers is only a droplet of money compared to what that tent city is going to cost in the long run - an unlimited line of severe debt. It will certainly capsized our citizenry for every generation remaining.

I will be in bali though so have fun staying here playing the sucker and paying for everyone else!

Old 10-27-2022, 11:58 AM

19,110 posts, read 12,826,482 times
Quote:
Reggie, in the end when all is said and done, the city will probably get their way, for the most part, it will just be tough luck for the non vaxxed.
no, the city got bytch-slapped and they're not getting back up from this one

Old 10-27-2022, 12:29 PM

I am thinking that the non vaxxed are in the position of power here now.

When reading the articles and seeing the photographs of them and their families the impression the media manufacturers is they are victims. I think we are the victorious.

The only disappointment is that the vaxxed employees, many of them our previous coworkers and acquaintances, they will be fitting the hefty bill to pay for it all. The government certainly would never pay for their errors themselves.

Hard to say at this stage of the game but with the tent city, with eric adams and lori lightfoot types in charge, my guess is the tent city will forever destroy the lives of hard working citizens for generations to come. I think that is the real big bang.

I personally know of new yorkers who sued the city and won, and moved to their dream destination on the proceeds. It has been happening forever. The only difference today is that tent city.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:32 PM

The tent city and the individuals processing through said tent city is the King piece on the chessboard. They are not pawns. They are the end game.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:57 PM

9,205 posts, read 6,378,476 times
Quote:
Reggie, in the end when all is said and done, the city will probably get their way, for the most part, it will just be tough luck for the non vaxxed. If you lived through it, the way they slowly terminated the unvaccinated you see it the way it is, like a chess board.

If a lot of non vaxxed government workers get money, even a million each, it would be miniscule compared to what the leaders are doing right now. The largest public charge in the cities history is going to originate from mayor adams tent city. That tent city is guaranteed to absolutely ruin nyc unlike anything else it has ever experienced.

A million for me or other previous workers is only a droplet of money compared to what that tent city is going to cost in the long run - an unlimited line of severe debt. It will certainly capsized our citizenry for every generation remaining.

I will be in bali though so have fun staying here playing the sucker and paying for everyone else!

I personally know of new yorkers who sued the city and won, and moved to their dream destination on the proceeds. It has been happening forever. The only difference today is that tent city.

Do you know the people who sued or do you know of the people who sued?

Your move to Bali is long overdue. When are you leaving?

Old 10-27-2022, 01:45 PM

6,712 posts, read 6,117,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
no, the city got bytch-slapped and they're not getting back up from this one
Don’t get your (our) hopes up. The city may win its appeal:

https://youtu.be/9x-lU7xXuoA

Old 10-27-2022, 02:17 PM

I do not understand any of the legal court mumbo jumbo. In my opinion it is not yet clear cut information.

One thing i do know is that the many many people in nyc that are the tent city variety never had to get vaccinated. Not for sneaking over the borders. Not for taking jobs. Not for any reason whatsoever, yet, we were all subjected to mandates. Not them.

In my opinion that is what has truly been going on. The tent city variety of people are the biggest reason hiding behind the whole controversy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City