Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2022, 12:21 PM

329 posts, read 432,506 times

Advertisements

Guys

I have to commute to southern NJ tomorrow from Long Island. Parts of the BQE and upper level of Verrazano would be closed

What do you guys think of just taking whitestone bridge to cross-bronx and then GW? Would that be affected as well? It doesn't look like but if anybody else has past experience with this, I'd appreciate it

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-city-marathon

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 12:33 PM

1,465 posts, read 757,844 times
I have something similar. I’m giving myself an extra 2 hours because it’s something i can’t miss. I hope that’s enough. That’s the route I plan on taking also (don’t think there is another one for us) . Seems like we got to go north to go south unfortunately. I didn’t realize it was the marathon until last week when I saw a commercial.

If hotels drop last minute tonight under a 100 I’m going tonignt.

If you were even thinking of Verrazano it’s closed both levels starting tomorrow am (just in case you didn’t notice )

“That means that both the upper and lower levels of the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge will be closed to all vehicle traffic on Sunday, Nov. 6, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.”

Bills vs jets will add to traffic also at 1 pm kick off. Might we well throw a Yankee game in for the hell of it.

Old 11-05-2022, 12:49 PM

9,118 posts, read 6,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
Guys

I have to commute to southern NJ tomorrow from Long Island. Parts of the BQE and upper level of Verrazano would be closed

What do you guys think of just taking whitestone bridge to cross-bronx and then GW? Would that be affected as well? It doesn't look like but if anybody else has past experience with this, I'd appreciate it

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-city-marathon

Thanks

Yes- NYC is the cork that keeps LI bottled up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: