Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 08:00 PM

18 posts, read 10,991 times

Advertisements

$23 is more than a lot of workers make in NYC.
$15 is minimum wage, then subtract taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 08:07 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,325,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Food delivery is very hard and dangerous work. I don't see a problem with them making 24 dollars an hour - which by the way, is a low wage.
I'm sorry to tell you that $24/hr plus tips is not a "low wage salary". That is what many New Yorkers earn in middle class households.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:18 PM

1,482 posts, read 770,994 times
Riding the subway is probably more dangerous at this point sadly.

Old 11-17-2022, 10:40 PM

6,695 posts, read 6,057,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm sorry to tell you that $24/hr plus tips is not a "low wage salary". That is what many New Yorkers earn in middle class households.
That is absolutely low wage, what are you talking about?? Where can one possibly live on that wage in NYC without breaking the bank or living paycheck to paycheck?

Old 11-17-2022, 10:43 PM

6,695 posts, read 6,057,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingArches View Post
Nice try back tracking your comments, and I think you are full of it.

The food deliveries are 99% illegal in Manhattan. My guess is around 300,000 full-time bike delivery “workers†across the boroughs, and likely more than 300,000.

Oh they “work hard†alright. (Working hard to poison Americans quality of life)
Find the comment where I am "backtracking." Go on, find it.

As far as I know, Uber and GrubHub ask for social security numbers before enrollment. And.. if it were the case where the illegals deliver food, you should be blaming restaurants who employ them - not the illegals themselves. You should also be blaming Biden and his administration - the ones you New Yorkers voted for out of your hatred of Trump.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:28 AM

Quote:
That is absolutely low wage, what are you talking about?? Where can one possibly live on that wage in NYC without breaking the bank or living paycheck to paycheck?
And here we have identified the type of persons who order food delivery every night! A pro illegal, yuppie, with a soft job they think they are so important too.

Totally, utterly, completely clueless, spoiled rich, earning well above their level of any common sense. Probably rushed to the polls to vote for AOC and Hochul like a good little “galâ€

Old 11-18-2022, 12:33 AM

What they are doing is Replacing us. They will drive down Our wages, and increase Their wages.

Look at the $400+ per night hotels. Look at these $600,000 tent cities. How stupid!

Am I the only one who sees an Invasion Industrial Complex? It is a millitary operation and our own military has turned against us.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:48 AM

792 posts, read 494,587 times
Talk to any American gig worker, like myself, and they will tell you this his HORRIBLE.

Why? Currently if you deliver for Doordash or Uber Eats, you have the flexibility to choose when and where you want to make deliveries. For example, I'd never EVER deliver to the hood. At any hour of the day. With this new rule, DD would require drivers, like me, to go into the ghetto. No thanks.

The Hispanic illegal alien they reference in this article couldn't care less where he/she goes to risk their life. Americans do.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Find the comment where I am "backtracking." Go on, find it.

As far as I know, Uber and GrubHub ask for social security numbers before enrollment. And.. if it were the case where the illegals deliver food, you should be blaming restaurants who employ them - not the illegals themselves. You should also be blaming Biden and his administration - the ones you New Yorkers voted for out of your hatred of Trump.
Because they all use stolen Social Security Numbers! Duh! They are illegals whom all commit Felony Identity Theft, among many, many, many other crimes.

They are all stealing, lying and mercifully fooling you. They all use multiple smart phones. They are here breaking our laws and invading our country.

The illegals are going to be making higher wages than us. They already stoled our most important industries of Men doing construction and men doing trades. They completely stoled those industries! They stoled our country. Electricians and plumbers are not low paying jobs not by any stretch!

Their wages will Increase, while our wages with Decrease. All by design.

Remember how everything made in China used to be cheap? Well go into a store today and do some quick research. Paying $9 for something that costed 9 cents to make in China, meanwhile, Nothing in the store is made in the USA.

How stupid!

Old 11-18-2022, 07:24 AM

3,298 posts, read 1,716,622 times
Quote:
Food delivery is very hard and dangerous work. I don't see a problem with them making 24 dollars an hour - which by the way, is a low wage.
Majority of those illegals you see running around they are working for somebody else who is the legal owner of the delivery account. So they are not making the real $$ they are getting a cut while the real acct owner is sitting in the office or somewhere making hourly rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City