Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 11:56 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,902,326 times

Advertisements

lolol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 03:13 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,264,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Hey, what could possibly go wrong?

"Di'annishia'ante, get up that ladder and rescue the lady in the burning room!"

*sucks teeth, "I thought I TOLD you, I jus had my nails done and I'm not about to break them climbing no ladder and that lady is panicking and she liable to rip my weave out and I ain't havin' it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Our hero Firemen and Policemen deserve the greatest respect.

To be fair ,The Finest and the Bravest are adjectives that can be passed on to many
private sector jobs that have never gotten the credit they deserve.

For the sake of everything that is good I hope this diversity bill measures the size of a man's errrr..........but I'll call it heart for the sake of inclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Fire doesn't discriminate. It takes lives no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Diversity good, White man bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Because historically, diversity makes everything better, not white man.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. They want the cushy, do nothing jobs too and I don’t blame them. That’s how societies degrade. Everyone wants to get in on the fraud. Why aren’t they going after roofing jobs because there are too many Mexicans represented? When upwards of 90% of FDNY calls are for car accidents, the department should have been downsized years ago like Bloomberg wanted because they realized what was happening even 20 years ago.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/26/over-h...ty-report/amp/

“Diversity” drives are and have always been about getting the “good jobs” (aka the pay/benefits aren’t commensurate with the work). Have you ever seen diversity drives for plumbers, lumberjacks, or open sea fisherman? Jobs that aren’t “too good to be true” don’t have diversity drives because there’s no benefit even if they pay well.

Old 11-30-2022, 01:08 AM

791 posts, read 490,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
They want the cushy, do nothing jobs too. FDNY should have been scaled back years ago when 90% of their job became responding to car accidents.
Cushy, huh? I hope the when your car flips over or if you're in a fire that the diversity hire who is 5ft 5 and bench presses 100pds is the one in charge of "saving' you. lol.

Old 11-30-2022, 01:13 AM

I know many, many fire fighters. The FDNY has been dumbing down the written test for years so certain folks can pass it. Also the same with the physical for women. I really have no problem that in a city like NYC which is majority minority, that there is a certain degree of representation however when you start putting people's lives at risk to get that representation, that's too dangerous.

Serious question for ya'll people of "color" out there. Do you really not mind when institutions, city government and private companies clearly lower their historical standards in order for you to "get the job?" I know it's about money and puttin food on da table, but cmon. I'd be embarrassed. Just saying.

Anyways, DEI will be the downfall of America. Not in my lifetime, but certainly in 50 years or so when Asia is running the planet as a homogeneous society, putting forth their best and brightest.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Cushy, huh? I hope the when your car flips over or if you're in a fire that the diversity hire who is 5ft 5 and bench presses 100pds is the one in charge of "saving' you. lol.
Your scenario is irrelevant. It would b almost impossible to prove in these aorta or edge cases.
This wouldn't be an issue if the department wasn't seriously overstaffed. They're coming after precisely because they see easy, well paying jobs. That's what it's all about.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:05 AM

Quote:
I know many, many fire fighters. The FDNY has been dumbing down the written test for years so certain folks can pass it. Also the same with the physical for women. I really have no problem that in a city like NYC which is majority minority, that there is a certain degree of representation however when you start putting people's lives at risk to get that representation, that's too dangerous.

Serious question for ya'll people of "color" out there. Do you really not mind when institutions, city government and private companies clearly lower their historical standards in order for you to "get the job?" I know it's about money and puttin food on da table, but cmon. I'd be embarrassed. Just saying.

Anyways, DEI will be the downfall of America. Not in my lifetime, but certainly in 50 years or so when Asia is running the planet as a homogeneous society, putting forth their best and brightest.
If the department has been dumbing down the test for years and has had lowers standards for the physical then there should be plenty of evidence how this has translated into worse service for NYC residents.
Do you see what I'm getting at?

They're coming after the FDNY because theret are plenty of slots that they can "diversify" without having a material impact on operations.

Last edited by Esacni; 11-30-2022 at 05:02 AM..

Old 12-01-2022, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
If the department has been dumbing down the test for years and has had lowers standards for the physical then there should be plenty of evidence how this has translated into worse service for NYC residents.
Do you see what I'm getting at?

They're coming after the FDNY because theret are plenty of slots that they can "diversify" without having a material impact on operations.
The FDNY has tried to make it easier for black men/women to score the bare minimums on tests. They just can't do it. You don't see a decline in current services because the majority of workers are still those that were able to meet basic requirements. But what's going to happen now is that the city will lower again or just entirely eliminate min test requirements to get to that desired diversity. That's when we'll see the problems in real life when it's time to think quick on your feet and problem solve in real time making life or death decisions. Some folk just don't have it in them.

It's also happening with law schools. They're now eliminating the LSAT all together as part of admissions into certain law schools. Why? Cause the hood just has a problem with reading and writing and speaking the Queen's English. Real talk.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:16 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,155,645 times
Quote:
The FDNY has tried to make it easier for black men/women to score the bare minimums on tests. They just can't do it. You don't see a decline in current services because the majority of workers are still those that were able to meet basic requirements. But what's going to happen now is that the city will lower again or just entirely eliminate min test requirements to get to that desired diversity. That's when we'll see the problems in real life when it's time to think quick on your feet and problem solve in real time making life or death decisions. Some folk just don't have it in them.

It's also happening with law schools. They're now eliminating the LSAT all together as part of admissions into certain law schools. Why? Cause the hood just has a problem with reading and writing and speaking the Queen's English. Real talk.

By 2027 the FDNY (and NYPD) will be intentionally weakened organizations. Thugs frequently overpower small weak diversity-hire cops as it is. Wait till the FDNY has entire engine companies of post-2022 diversity hires. Sleeping through fire alarms at the firehouse, slowly boarding the firetruck because they 'don't like being rushed'. LOL but it's really not funny at all.

Old 12-01-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
By 2027 the FDNY (and NYPD) will be intentionally weakened organizations. Thugs frequently overpower small weak diversity-hire cops as it is. Wait till the FDNY has entire engine companies of post-2022 diversity hires. Sleeping through fire alarms at the firehouse, slowly boarding the firetruck because they 'don't like being rushed'. LOL but it's really not funny at all.
Both are skirting the point.

Is the FDNY over-staffed with regard to what FIREfighters basic job description is? Yes or No?

It doesn’t take the same caliber of firefighter to respond to car accidents and drug addicts than it does to fight fires. The politician clowns in this city know this and this are trying to “diversify” the cushy jobs to their own.

You don’t see them trying to diversify roofing, open sea fishing, etc. because there’s nothing to be had with diversifying hard jobs (even if they pay well). Diversity has ALWAYS been about the cushy jobs. Always.

Can’t cry when your main argument is “keep the cushy jobs to one group only” even when that one group is better “qualified” for the job (but rarely employs that skill set).

Old 12-01-2022, 05:38 PM

16,122 posts, read 6,873,927 times
If I remember correctly educational level for Sanitation once preferred 2 yrs of college.
Looking into recently I found now it's High School/GED at appointment .

10% have associates........................I would have dropped out of school years ago if I knew the city was heading in this direction.............( Sarcasm )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City