Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 12:32 PM

37,307 posts, read 39,639,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The crazy thing is, they locked down the economy to "save lives" yet they are now pushing people to stop the WFH and come back to the office. And because of that pressure from them, my company started pushing me to come back. And guess what? I recently caught Covid going back to the office! So much for locking down the economy to save lives!
There are pretty key differences in terms of you and almost everyone else having vaccines and there being wide availability of fairly effective drugs like paxlovid. This means that you have a fairly high chance of quick recovery and even if you did have it bad, you're less likely to be in a completely over impacted hospital without enough equipment and goods to treat something en masse since there would presumably be a lot of people in that condition including healthcare workers.

Sucks on not getting to WFH though. I think a good quarter or so of friends I know who can definitely get their work done from home now have at least partial time needed to be spent in the office though enforcement has been pretty lax as far as I've been told.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 12-27-2022 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 04:07 PM

14,087 posts, read 14,015,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Oh, no.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

The agency says it has now seen enough post-pandemic data to know what it needs to do to better serve riders. Starting in June 2023, it will cut service on the 1, 6, 7, L, E, F and Q lines on Mondays and Fridays. It will also start Manhattan-bound A and C express trains earlier during the morning rush.
E train is bad move it always crowded plus you have tourists

1, 6, 7 train is needed

Idk about L, F, Q trains people in far out areas in Queens going be affected by F train.

Old 12-28-2022, 05:01 AM

43,829 posts, read 44,597,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
E train is bad move it always crowded plus you have tourists

Idk about L, F, Q trains people in far out areas in Queens going be affected by F train.
Both E & F trains (along Queens Blvd) tend to be crowded during the daytime hours (meaning all day long from rush hour to rush hour and in between). I think reducing service on either of those lines is a bad move.

Old 12-28-2022, 07:42 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,639,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Both E & F trains (along Queens Blvd) tend to be crowded during the daytime hours (meaning all day long from rush hour to rush hour and in between). I think reducing service on either of those lines is a bad move.
Have they been heavily crowded during Monday and Friday rush hours aside from when delays happen? I think it's reasonable to ask that question, though it's reasonable to ask what the margin of error for MTA passenger counts are.

Old 12-28-2022, 08:42 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,799,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I know pre-pandemic, those lines were crazy busy. Didn't they have to resort to "subway squashers" (MTA staff squashing people in and using flashlights to signal to the conductors the all clear) at one point?

Don't know if the lines are still busy post-pandemic. The 7 is pretty full but not like how it was pre-pandemic.

Old 12-28-2022, 07:24 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There are pretty key differences in terms of you and almost everyone else having vaccines and there being wide availability of fairly effective drugs like paxlovid. This means that you have a fairly high chance of quick recovery and even if you did have it bad, you're less likely to be in a completely over impacted hospital without enough equipment and goods to treat something en masse since there would presumably be a lot of people in that condition including healthcare workers.

Sucks on not getting to WFH though. I think a good quarter or so of friends I know who can definitely get their work done from home now have at least partial time needed to be spent in the office though enforcement has been pretty lax as far as I've been told.

I don't care how quick my recovery is.... it's best NOT to contract Covid AT ALL!!

Old 12-29-2022, 05:53 AM

43,829 posts, read 44,597,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I know pre-pandemic, those lines were crazy busy. Didn't they have to resort to "subway squashers" (MTA staff squashing people in and using flashlights to signal to the conductors the all clear) at one point?

Don't know if the lines are still busy post-pandemic.
I remember those "subway squashers" every morning rush hour! I haven't taken them during rush hours in this post-pandemic era. But in the off hours that I have taken them they are still pretty full.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:54 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,688,869 times
Went on the 6 Train, late morning (9am). Rush Express from Parkchester to Hunts Point, but local from Hunts Point to 138. (the entire express line is Parkchester to 138). How much money is being saved by going local from Hunts Point to 138? There was a local train on the local track ahead of the switching express. Due to that, very few people got on the "switching train" at Longwood, 149, 143, Cypress and Brook Ave. What's the point.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: