Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 10:22 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,879,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
They already did. Seems like you and scatman have a reading comprehension problem:

That's why we're talking about safety...
He didn't specify where in his original post. Nobody wants to read thru a entire thread to find all that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 10:24 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,283,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
He didn't specify where in his original post. Nobody wants to read thru a entire thread to find all that
He does right on the first page in the third post.

Old 01-17-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
He does right on the first page in the third post.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64725983-post6.html

By your own admission you say the same exact thing right here, so why tf are u flame baiting?

Old 01-17-2023, 10:28 AM

Quote:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64725983-post6.html

By your own admission you say the same exact thing right here, so why tf are u flame baiting?
No, what I was saying was that the OP didn't say where in Soundview. I made it very clear that Soundview is big and that some parts are totally safe and some are not. This is what happens when you only read bits and pieces of a thread.

Quote:
Yes, there are safe neighborhoods in the Bronx. Looks like both locations are in the South Bronx, but depending on where in Soundview, it may be tolerable, provided you keep to yourself. Soundview is pretty big. Some of it consists of homeowners and is fairly safe and quiet. Then you have areas that are quite low-income next to PJs etc., so the quality of life may vary considerably. The safest/quietest parts of Soundview are usually the areas furthest away from the Bruckner Expressway and also away from any housing projects.

Old 01-17-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
No, what I was saying was that the OP didn't say where in Soundview. I made it very clear that Soundview is big and that some parts are totally safe and some are not. This is what happens when you only read bits and pieces of a thread.
nope. nope. nope. you're trying to clean it up, because you look like a fool. just take your L and move on.

Old 01-17-2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:
nope. nope. nope. you're trying to clean it up, because you look like a fool. just take your L and move on.
My quote is actually the fourth post in the thread, page 1. Reading is fundamental.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64725070-post4.html

Old 01-17-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
My quote is actually the fourth post in the thread, page 1. Reading is fundamental.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64725070-post4.html
you said exactly what i said verbatim. you knew what i meant when u read it, and decided to flame bait. point blank period. the fact that YOU and someone else said the same thing is proof that the OP wasnt clear in his original post

Old 01-17-2023, 10:38 AM

Quote:
you said exactly what i said verbatim, and you knew what i meant when u read it, and decided to flame bait. point blank period. the fact that someone else said the same thing is proof that the OP wasnt clear in his original post.
Of course he wasn't clear in his first post, but by the third post we know the neighborhood - Soundview. That's the point. We even know exactly where one of the locations is... You admit that you only read bits and pieces of the thread, so no surprise that you don't know why we were discussing safety, etc. Besides, why do you care anyway? If someone was listening to you, they would think every neighborhood in The Bronx was unlivable.

Old 01-17-2023, 10:41 AM

155 posts, read 120,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLandHF View Post
Location 1: Evergreen Gardens Zip: 10473

Location 2: Soundview/Bronx River Zip: 10473

I lived in Soundview for 4 years at the Lafayette Boynton complex along Story Avenue. This is directly across the street from Evergreen Gardens.

The area itself is alright. Mostly families. Soundview Park is right in your backyard if you are interested. Living south of the Bruckner Expwy is very different than north of the expressway. There is much more crime north of the expressway. Parking south of the expressway is really easy, especially around Lafayette Avenue.

Transportation, however, sucks! Atleast it did back when I lived there, 2016-2020. The 6 train is located north of the expressway, so you'll have to talk across the Bruckner and then two avenues north to Westchester Avenue. You can also take the Bx5 bus on Story Avenue to Hunts Point Train (6) station or Simpson Street Train (2) & (5) station. The bus gets extremely crowded and can be unreliable. Then there is the traffic around the Bruckner.

If you have a car, you'll be fine, otherwise, I'd say look elsewhere.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:48 PM

55 posts, read 50,897 times
thanks to all the replies. I am going to stick to where I am now. Hopefully I get picked for another lottery instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City