Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 09:19 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,219,565 times

Advertisements

One way to help identify and solve problems is to use the proper terminology.

Illegal aliens are throwing away food, not migrants.

They are not migrating, they are invading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 09:43 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
maybe the sandwiches are nasty.. wtf? why is it a big deal? you all are acting as if they're coming straight from Balthazar bakery. geez Louise

Old 01-27-2023, 10:07 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,956,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Exactly. They're not in need. When you're starving, you'll eat anything.
I saw a video of them angrily arguing with hotel staff over their illegal use of hotplates.
Instead of feeling sorry and ashamed, they acted so... entitled. "These sandwiches are not tasty!"
Pshawww...
Agreed. It's the same way in Europe.

These illegal trespassers need to be sent back ASAP. It's a moral hazard to allow for random people enter the country based on the flimsiest of reasons.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:26 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
What do you all think about reports that migrants here in NYC are throwing away tons of good food because it doesn't meet their cultural standards?
I would say that is all racist, bigoted, nonsense.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:56 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
maybe the sandwiches are nasty.. wtf? why is it a big deal? you all are acting as if they're coming straight from Balthazar bakery. geez Louise
Because ANYBODY who wastes good food just pisses me off, lol. Whether out there somewhere or right here in the house where I am living.

But I do get that it's not what they are used to eating. In the pictures in the news about this, for example, you can see that the sandwiches are labeled with things like 'teriyaki chicken'. That might be totally foreign to someone who is used to eating rice and beans.

Again, feed 'em the damn rice and beans. It's cheaper than making fancy sandwiches.

And it's a little disturbing to see all those empty beer cans and cartons. They have money for that?

Old 01-27-2023, 11:34 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Food waste no matter who's doing it is a pet peeve of mine. It bothers me when I see kids throwing in the trash perfectly fresh bananas, apples and oranges in the school cafeterias.

Also, they're using hot plates which is a fire hazzard. They're staying at a hotel free of charge and don't give a crap if they burn it down. If I was a hotel owner or staff their lackadaisical attitude would grate on me.

Old 01-27-2023, 02:15 PM

206 posts, read 98,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorfulQuilts View Post
This sandwich story made headlines so sheepish people can do the legwork of spinning it to soften the truth. To give into their emotions. The truth is the illegal aliens are stealing from us and they all need to be removed. The illegal aliens are actual soldiers deployed by our own military to destroy us from within.
Okay, Grandpa let's get you to bed.

Old 01-28-2023, 06:03 AM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Food waste no matter who's doing it is a pet peeve of mine. It bothers me when I see kids throwing in the trash perfectly fresh bananas, apples and oranges in the school cafeterias.

Also, they're using hot plates which is a fire hazzard. They're staying at a hotel free of charge and don't give a crap if they burn it down. If I was a hotel owner or staff their lackadaisical attitude would grate on me.
Give them what they want/need, not what you think of being “good and fancy” food. I would be sick tired if I were fed “sandwitches” three days in a row… my stomach couldn’t handle it. I feel for those poor creatures who long for hot meals…NYC is the home they’re looking for after all, lol…One thing to deter those migrants from coming is to put up banners along the border “We only serve sandwiches on this side of the border”…

Old 01-28-2023, 08:10 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Give them what they want/need, not what you think of being “good and fancy” food. I would be sick tired if I were fed “sandwitches” three days in a row… my stomach couldn’t handle it. I feel for those poor creatures who long for hot meals…NYC is the home they’re looking for after all, lol…One thing to deter those migrants from coming is to put up banners along the border “We only serve sandwiches on this side of the border”…
In my book people who show up announced and invite themselves into places should take what they get and be happy of it.

If these so called "migrants" pulled this sort of stunt in their home countries they'd get oogatz.

Old 01-28-2023, 06:44 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But they don't seem to be getting hungry enough. It appears they have the means to buy other food, as well as plenty of beer.
I'm trying to recall if the gov gave them funds in the form of cash or debit cards as well but it escapes me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City