Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 03:47 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,760,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by username9938 View Post
why are city officials so incompetent?
Because teachers are forced to be trained in Marxist ideology (eg Paulo Friere "Critical Pedagy" is mandatory reading in all teacher colleges) and then they can't teach kids for beans, and the kids become idiot adults who vote for the first lefty that pushes all the buttons they've been trained to be activated by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 06:03 PM

15,608 posts, read 15,734,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by username9938 View Post
if I were running NYC, here's what I would do:

1. add "trash compressing" containers on all street corners. nyc is 3rd world when it comes to trash cans.
2. add protection on train platforms so people can't 1. fall in or 2. throw trash onto the tracks.
3. start fixing up all sidewalks. they are 3rd world to the highest degree.
4. start fixing streets with the best material (I believe London does this), which makes them extremely durable.
5. I would ensure subway platform entrances cannot be cut through unless you pay. right now people simply jump over them. ridiculous.
6. I would hire homeless people to clean up all train stations every month.
7. I would triple the tourist tax and lower the income tax.
8. I would add more cops throughout the city.

vote for me!
Well, you give no examples of specific people, but there are tons of city officials, and I don't think most are incompetent.

But you don't seem to grasp that most of your ideas cost money, and although I'm not aware of a tourist tax, you don't want to discourage tourists, who bring in a lot of money.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:54 AM

25,410 posts, read 37,165,786 times
Quote:
why are city officials so incompetent?

It's the Peter Principle on crack.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:46 PM

8 posts, read 11,688 times
why doesn't NYC clean its filthy streets? is it that hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: