Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 08:28 PM

31,988 posts, read 27,145,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

horrific for sure.

I also cant for the life of me understand anyone blasting music at 2am,

how they cant possibly know that,

especially living in an apartment building,

that they would be bothering numerous tenants at a time like that

good, let this inconsiderate murderer rot in prison now.

what a dam shame.

it is also a shame that the news can't get a story right the first time,
Something is funny about that building. Cannot see people paying market rate rent new construction acting like it's their first time living in a place with indoor plumbing.

OTOH if we're talking about city HPD or other agency placements, then yes, can see how someone might think it's perfectly fine to blast music at 2AM and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 05:10 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,192,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
You don’t blame someone for STABBING SOMEONE TO DEATH OVER LOUD MUSIC? Girl gtfo this country. Perhaps The Congo is more your speed.
WTF. Did you freaking read. He played music at 2 AM. I guess he should be loved for sharing his music with everyone.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:36 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,905,968 times
I work from home and only blast music from 9am to 5pm when nobody is around

Old 03-29-2023, 08:44 PM

30,703 posts, read 18,343,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
808 Elsmere Place is a new building with units that go for some steep rent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx3KfGbeCYs

https://streeteasy.com/building/808-...place-bronx/6d
As is the case with many of these newer rentals, the walls look thin, so I fully believe that the killer could hear the music coming from across the hall.

Moving on, while I don't condone violence over something like this, the deceased doesn't sound like she was a good person from what I've read. I doubt that many in the building will miss her and her loud music playing. I've been on the receiving end of loud and inconsiderate people who lived in the same complex as me. They make your life a living hell, impacting everything from sleep to overall mental health (if not worse). From my view, these people have forfeited their right to live in normal society and should be incarcerated if they don't stop with their obnoxious behavior. But I don't advocate death.

Edit: understanding that we got the story wrong and that the loud music player did the killing, I hope she gets what's coming to her.

Old 03-29-2023, 08:45 PM

31,988 posts, read 27,145,665 times
Unless someone is out to be a total AH there is no reason to blast music via speakers indoors. You can find cheap ear buds or headsets easily nowadays.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:15 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,064,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As is the case with many of these newer rentals, the walls look thin, so I fully believe that the killer could hear the music coming from across the hall.

Moving on, while I don't condone violence over something like this, the deceased doesn't sound like she was a good person from what I've read. I doubt that many in the building will miss her and her loud music playing. I've been on the receiving end of loud and inconsiderate people who lived in the same complex as me. They make your life a living hell, impacting everything from sleep to overall mental health (if not worse). From my view, these people have forfeited their right to live in normal society and should be incarcerated if they don't stop with their obnoxious behavior. But I don't advocate death.

Edit: understanding that we got the story wrong and that the loud music player did the killing, I hope she gets what's coming to her.
The mailboxes being outside is a huge turnoff! Can you imagine what would happen to your packages?

Anyway, I think you're misunderstanding the story. The deceased is a man whom together with his wife was trying to put his newborn to sleep. But there was a trans woman (this is where the confusion comes from) playing loud music. So when the father walked across the hallway to ask the trans to lower the music that's when the father was stabbed to death.

Old 03-30-2023, 08:02 AM

2,467 posts, read 1,236,889 times
Thanks for the clarification Stormy.

So just another unhinged mentally ill person allowed to live among us.

Old 03-30-2023, 10:06 AM

25,401 posts, read 37,156,668 times
"But I LIKE the FUGS."

Reopen the State Hospitals that were closed when right-wingers took over the government last time and decided it was cheaper and less socialization to MEDICATE the mentally deranged while they were let loose in the population.

People who belong in lifetime care institutions should be IN them.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:42 PM

15,577 posts, read 7,603,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
"But I LIKE the FUGS."

Reopen the State Hospitals that were closed when right-wingers took over the government last time and decided it was cheaper and less socialization to MEDICATE the mentally deranged while they were let loose in the population.

People who belong in lifetime care institutions should be IN them.
The courts drove the closure of mental institutions, saying that unless someone is a danger to themselves and others, they can't be held indefinitely.

Old 03-31-2023, 12:02 AM

371 posts, read 626,461 times
Just an FYI, the mixup from this story is because the killer was a trans woman but still using a male first name so some media were using he pronouns while others where using she pronouns. As others have mentioned, the person playing the loud music was the one who killed the guy who asked for the music to be lowered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: