Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 11:02 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
One hundred years ago that wasn't true. Italians were not considered white people and there was a great deal of prejudice against Italian immigrants. But then they started sharing their food...

My grandfather, who was an Archie Bunker type born in 1905, told my mother never to date an Italian because they don't bathe and they all have sex with their daughters. (He didn't live long enough to see my sister marry the black guy!)

But in general, southern Italians are of mixed race from way back due to the proximity to Africa and the Middle East and the trade routes in the Mediterranean. My former priest, born in Italy of Italian parents got his DNA done, and he is 44% Middle Eastern. There was a guy on the genealogy forum here who knew all his grandparents had come from Italy but who showed up with a percentage of African in his genes.

Racism is just plain stupid. Sorry you've run into stupid, OP.
Scientists are sure homo sapiens first evolved from south or east Africa and every person alive today can trace their genetic ancestry to Africa. The genealogy web-sites like 23andme state the same.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:02 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Title says it all, TROLL. Been here for 15 years but just opened an account on here to talk about this and only the. Bu-BYE Now.

Old 04-09-2023, 12:01 PM

96 posts, read 35,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Scientists are sure homo sapiens first evolved from south or east Africa and every person alive today can trace their genetic ancestry to Africa. The genealogy web-sites like 23andme state the same.
For some reason I am not fully convinced about the “Everyone is originally from Africa” bit. I took a DNA test that shows I am from Europe. Something about the “Everyone originated from Africa” thing seems a bit off to me.

There is also new evidence that shows how European whites were living along the eastern USA states a long time prior to Columbus or Cortez. There is evidence of white Europeans living from what is now New England all the way down to Florida. Meaning: white/Caucasian/Europeans are actually classified under a similar status of being native Americans (next to the indian tribes).

How did we get here from Europe? How about a boat, or walking and boating from Ireland to Iceland to Newfoundland. They say people were not smart enough to build boats back then but people were building mega pyramids back then but they could not figure out how to paddle their way over water?

Science.

Old 04-09-2023, 12:04 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Title says it all, TROLL. Been here for 15 years but just opened an account on here to talk about this and only the. Bu-BYE Now.
If the troll is opn to discussing why they felt the need to create this thread I'm all ears. Maybe they are lonely.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-09-2023, 01:50 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Old 04-09-2023, 02:19 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Still incredible how they had the perfect amount of sexual allegations to get rid if him. When it wasn't enough, few more were thrown in the mix till the job was done.

Old 04-09-2023, 05:11 PM

1,057 posts, read 541,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccco View Post
Hello everyone.. I'm born in italy and come to USA NY 15 years ago. Since I am moved here to a borougfh I have 2 neighbors around in my community who keep harassing me. Its because of my background. They say things about my culture and skin color. The neighbors are white and of course I am italian. I tried calling police but they do not to do anything. I know things like this happen to the many people when I read in the news. And judge dont help. And police, nothing.

I do not want to move bcecause of the rent in the city is too much. Right now I work and live in brooklyn in ok community except for the night time. Because night time is can be dangerous here.

If someone here please can give me ideas to help the situation so tell me. I want to know what to so I can to stop it. Thank you.
So it's two neighbors who don't like you and harrass you using anti-Italian language? Maybe they don't like you for a different reason and they found a way to get to you by using anti Italian slurs. Did you have some argument or disagreement with them? Are you loud, or are they loud and you complained?

Old 04-09-2023, 05:17 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Can you imagine? In this day and age. Prejudice against Italians.
Just watched that movie Friday.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:20 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Yeah, I learned that like 40 years ago.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:23 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-water View Post
Prior to what like 3 years ago, the word racist was barely thrown around. 20 years ago it was rare in comparison.

Only a few years ago, holding prejudices was not that groundbreaking of a deal. Most people just kept it to themselves.

The true definition is prejudicial. It is when a group pisses someone off enough times that the human brain says forget this, I am not associating with anyone in that group anymore and I don’t care if it is just because of a few bad apples. They just draw a wall up entirely.

It’s nothing we need social justice warrior children to burn down the whole town about. It is nothing we need social justice liberals to get you fired and blackmail your entire family about. Having a nuclear emotional meltdown based upon falsities is not necessary. And we don’t need a big angry gay parade of rioters either.

Holding onto prejudice is a natural thing.

And you can’t blame Trump about it either.

Move to a neighborhood with more Italian people around you.
WHAAAT? How old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City