Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 01:31 PM

28 posts, read 13,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-water View Post
311 is 911. 311 is just the non emergency line for the cops.

yes i call 311 but nothing happen. it is like you say is non emergency for police who do not interested in some crimes. But it is crime

Old 04-12-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
This is a bit funny. A hundred years ago, Italians were considered a different race. Not now. This isn't racial. You are presumably white, too.

If you've been here 15 years, presumably you have some friends. Maybe you belong to an Italian-related organization. Talk to them, give them specific example of the harassment, and learn how to deal with it. Maybe the answer is to walk away when they bother you. Maybe the answer is to find a clever way to tell them to shut up. Maybe the answer is to film them with a phone and tell them you're posting it online. Get some advice from people with more information. You don't even say if you know these two people, or if they are strangers.

By the way, you mentioned calling the police, but did you try 311? Maybe there is a city agency that deals with harassment. I see something online that suggests calling 212-416-0197 for the NYC Commission on Human Rights

Hello my friend. I am italian but I am look like arab from north africa like most italians of my home country. Most italians look arab.

The people are 2 of them but they have friends that harass too.

I called the 311 line but they do nothing too. But i will call NYC Commission on Human right. Thank you for that

Old 04-12-2023, 09:46 PM

96 posts, read 35,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccco View Post
Hello everyone.. I'm born in italy and come to USA NY 15 years ago. Since I am moved here to a borougfh I have 2 neighbors around in my community who keep harassing me. Its because of my background. They say things about my culture and skin color. The neighbors are white and of course I am italian. I tried calling police but they do not to do anything. I know things like this happen to the many people when I read in the news. And judge dont help. And police, nothing.

I do not want to move bcecause of the rent in the city is too much. Right now I work and live in brooklyn in ok community except for the night time. Because night time is can be dangerous here.

If someone here please can give me ideas to help the situation so tell me. I want to know what to so I can to stop it. Thank you.
Get creative
Moving is one solution

Have a few attractive Italian women over frequently so they can see your social proof
Just have more friends of all kinds over, so neighbors see you are not isolated.

If you have the right stuff, just be mean and call them neighbors out and basically say F Off, stop being mean
Give them a case of Italian bottles of red wine
Send a plate of fresh cannolis to them

Punch them in the nose? Why not
Put your hand arm their neck like you want to break it or be friendly. Why not

My diagnosis is you let this fester too long
I’d push the situation towards an extreme of either good bad or ugly, any direction, anything just to push the stagnation around

Be kinda mean if you want to.

Move away, find a new place

You could even move one block down and wind up with a completely different life and friends.

Having attractive women around your place with you always seems to quell down any neighbors, like, who tf is this guy with these girlfriends around?
Just get a women over there screaming at them telling them they suck and nobody likes them.

Becoming physical with people to shake up their comfort zone might do the job. I would confront their nice comfort zone and get close to them and touch their shoulder or something like that, lol like some creepy Italian mofo

Walk up to them while drinking a bottle of red Italian wine straight out of the bottle wearing a white wife beater and a visible gun holster.

Anything to shake them up. Get arrested if you need to. And probably just move away to an more Italian neighborhood because life is short

Old 04-13-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Punch them in the nose? Why not
Put your hand arm their neck like you want to break it or be friendly. Why not

Walk up to them while drinking a bottle of red Italian wine straight out of the bottle wearing a white wife beater and a visible gun holster.

Anything to shake them up. Get arrested if you need to. And probably just move away to an more Italian neighborhood because life is short

Oh no, no, no, no. If i do as you advise i can be under arrested. And then i have criminal record and getting job will be very difficult here. No no no I cannot afford to that. I am new here in america. A friend i know here has criminal record because of fighting and can not get jobs. I cannot be like that. JObs are very important. Is better to avoid violence but not if your life is under dangerous

I am looking on the craigslist to find apartment to move but difficult with rent high. But not impossible! I keep looking

Old 04-14-2023, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccco View Post
Oh no, no, no, no. If i do as you advise i can be under arrested. And then i have criminal record and getting job will be very difficult here. No no no I cannot afford to that. I am new here in america. A friend i know here has criminal record because of fighting and can not get jobs. I cannot be like that. JObs are very important. Is better to avoid violence but not if your life is under dangerous

I am looking on the craigslist to find apartment to move but difficult with rent high. But not impossible! I keep looking
You are not Italian.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:10 PM

You are biggest Italian troll monster this forum has ever seen

Old 04-15-2023, 05:10 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
You are biggest Italian troll monster this forum has ever seen
Hahaha..............

I no speeka so good Amerigan......

I think most posters can do a better job of faking being Italian.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 04-15-2023 at 05:19 AM..

Old 04-15-2023, 06:28 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
created by text generation API.

"It's unfortunate, but bullying happens in every city, and New York is no exception. Recently, an Italian man was targeted by bullies on the streets of NYC. Videos and images of the incident show the man being taunted and physically assaulted by a group of young individuals. It's a sobering reminder that we still have a long way to go in promoting acceptance and tolerance in our society, and that we must stand up against bigotry and hate whenever and wherever we see it."

https://deepai.org/machine-learning-...text-generator

Old 04-15-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
You are not Italian.

I am 100% italian. You are not italian and dont know me

Old 04-15-2023, 05:19 PM

Quote:
You are not Italian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Hahaha..............

I no speeka so good Amerigan......

I think most posters can do a better job of faking being Italian.

You are very strange. You try to help me before but then you say things like you are hateful. I dont care if you make fun of me and my culture. To me you are racist troll with no life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City