Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 03:22 AM

106,771 posts, read 108,973,015 times

Advertisements

one of the best things about our area in bay terrace

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2023, 03:33 AM

791 posts, read 489,475 times
keep talking about it so it gets even more ghetto. now the bronx knows all about it. you been there after 10p?

Old 04-08-2023, 03:41 AM

it is a very well known park for years now .

once the city took it over it no longer was the quiet little park no one knew about.

up until the city got it few who saw the path along the cross island knew how to access it.

the parking lot was a fraction of the size it is today.

we live down the block so we know what goes on at night and it’s been years like that

Old 04-09-2023, 02:31 AM

791 posts, read 489,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it is a very well known park for years now .

once the city took it over it no longer was the quiet little park no one knew about.

up until the city got it few who saw the path along the cross island knew how to access it.

the parking lot was a fraction of the size it is today.

we live down the block so we know what goes on at night and it’s been years like that
Is that so? You're blaming the city? Lol.

Cmon bro. Tell the truth. Ok, I will.

The homeboys across the bridge NEVER came down this way, especially at night prior to 2020. Why? They knew the 109/111 was waiting for them if they did. And for them, getting a gun charge was too much of a risk. Nowadays getting a pulled over or having a gun charge stick is no worries for them. So they joy ride over the bridge (with their fake plates), hit Cherry Valley and get some weed as well, then drag race along the Cross Island and then party some more in the parking lot by the water. Not a cop in sight. Trust me, I've called.

Before the hood invasion, the most you'd see there at night were local St. Francis Prep high school kids making out! But now the 7/11 is getting robbed at gunpoint. I've never seen the bridge shut down for as many police pursuits from the Bronx over the bridge as I've seen this past year. Maybe once or twice a year but now its once or twice a week.

Old 04-09-2023, 03:02 AM

not sure of what you are trying to prove ..

there is no park pretty much anywhere without issues at night . same goes for the higher end areas , they all have incidents at times

i will take the couple of incidents we have over most other areas any day

i have been here 20 years and it never was as popular as it is since the city took over .

which is why the parking lot had to be expanded so much

Old 04-09-2023, 03:26 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,423,993 times
The playground there is dedicated to Fire Marshal Martin Woody McHale my cousin who died on the job.

Old 04-09-2023, 04:55 AM

just finished the photos from the pepsi sculpture garden .

its pepsi's world headquarters about 35-40 minutes from nyc

Old 04-09-2023, 10:51 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,958,155 times
Great pictures, Mathjak! It's a great location for the park. There are a few other gems in Beechhurst and Malba that I will definitely check out this Spring/Summer.

Old 04-09-2023, 10:55 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,958,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Is that so? You're blaming the city? Lol.

Cmon bro. Tell the truth. Ok, I will.

The homeboys across the bridge NEVER came down this way, especially at night prior to 2020. Why? They knew the 109/111 was waiting for them if they did. And for them, getting a gun charge was too much of a risk. Nowadays getting a pulled over or having a gun charge stick is no worries for them. So they joy ride over the bridge (with their fake plates), hit Cherry Valley and get some weed as well, then drag race along the Cross Island and then party some more in the parking lot by the water. Not a cop in sight. Trust me, I've called.

Before the hood invasion, the most you'd see there at night were local St. Francis Prep high school kids making out! But now the 7/11 is getting robbed at gunpoint. I've never seen the bridge shut down for as many police pursuits from the Bronx over the bridge as I've seen this past year. Maybe once or twice a year but now its once or twice a week.
I co-sign the bold. It was definitely a makeout point back in the day

This is absolutely terrible! Why do hoodrats/scumbags come into nicer areas? I see this in other parts of Queens/NYC as well. They need to stay in their trash neighborhoods.

Communities need to start thinking of putting in private security like they have in Forest Hills Gardens. Keeps the ghetto/hoodrat element at bay.

Old 04-09-2023, 01:15 PM

today we did the brooklyn botanical gardens and the brooklyn museum .

i will work on those photos in a bit .

wow , parking is up to 25 dollars there ..

we went for a lunch at an amazing bbq joint dinosaur bbq on 4th ave and union st .

the brisket and ribs were incredible …the brisket was one of the best i ever had and i flew in brisket from CORKYS down south over night…

i am not allowed to watch the food network without adult supervision…

i would just order stuff but wouldn’t say anything until it got here .

i was watching best pit masters and i saw corkys in memphis …i went on line and they shipped in dry ice over night so i placed an order . brisket , ribs and all the trimmings

it was good but my wife wanted to put restrictions on the tv channels i can watch .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City