Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 06:48 PM

319 posts, read 279,205 times

Advertisements

Before history is made this season I was curious on how far it is to get from MetLife Stadium to Manhattan. I want to visit the original Macy's store, get a real slice of New York pizza, and a real hot dog from a New York hot dog cart. Jets Nation Is Strong!

I am also seeking information on hotels on the New Jersey side to stay the night before the game. My plan was to visit NYC on Saturday and do a Jets 1 o'clock game on Sunday before heading back to Fredericksburg. Ironically the Jets are scheduled to play the Washington Redskins but they are playing in New Jersey so the Jets wont becoming to Fed-Ex Field.

Jets fans like me have waited a long time and the Jets being the Jets I don't know if Aaron Rodgers can even do it but as Jets fans if we ever had a chance for another Super Bowl in the past 10 years its now and I need to be there to watch a piece of Jets history unfold.

Anyways thanks for listening and sharing your advice on this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 07:29 AM

1,568 posts, read 909,830 times
Manhattan is a short Uber or bus ride from Met-life stadium. Especially on a Saturday morning. My advice: skip the nasty street hot dog and just take the A/C/E train to West 4th and get yourself a John's pizza on Bleecker street or a slice of Joe's pizza on Carmine Street.

As far as I know there's no real NYC pizza places near Macy's. In midtown they have a lot of that dollar slice pizza which sucks (NY'ers: don't even try to argue with me, I found a roach in my crust once and people sneeze all over the cheese while waiting in line), the only good old N.Y. pizza in midtown I can even think of is Lazarra's on 38th between 7th and 8th.

As for the Jets, good luck. I think they'd be better off taking Broadway Joe Namath back from retirement.

Old 05-02-2023, 04:11 PM

319 posts, read 279,205 times
Go Jets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City