Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 08:57 AM

544 posts, read 716,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
That's all purely speculative. You don't know if it was random, you don't know if the perp was mentally ill, you don't know if the woman coming out is a mother or a caretaker. It sure sounds to me like you started with the conclusion that the event was 'an unfortunate coincidence' and then worked your way backwards to justify the conclusion. That's no way to learn anything in life.
Fact 1: Mentally stable folks aren't out at 4AM kicking private property and stabbing random people to death
Fact 2: Random women do not appear on the scene at 4 AM to help unless they are related to the killer

Seems like putting 2 and 2 together is not the way to learn things in life? Then what is the way to learn things? Blame everything on politics?

Old 10-04-2023, 09:18 AM

6,820 posts, read 4,269,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
Fact 1: Mentally stable folks aren't out at 4AM kicking private property and stabbing random people to death
Fact 2: Random women do not appear on the scene at 4 AM to help unless they are related to the killer

Seems like putting 2 and 2 together is not the way to learn things in life? Then what is the way to learn things? Blame everything on politics?

Let me pick this apart for you

- Lots of people are out at 4 am, including the victim and his girlfriend. In fact, in some neighborhoods the streets are full of people in the middle of the night, especially during the warm season. If you're out 'partying' or don't have a job to go to the next morning, it's not weird at all. Certainly no sign indicating mental illness.

- Kicking private property is just vandalism and common enough. I remember stories in high school of kids jumping on cars and smashing mail boxes and so forth either just for 'fun' or out of anger. Being a jerk who doesn't respect other people's property is hardly a sign of mental illness.

- How do you know the people are random? For starters we know almost nothing about the people involved, so that's an assumption in itself.

But let's assume they had never seen each other before that fateful moment. Did he stab the victim when he walked past him? He could have slashed his throat right there and then with total surprise on his side. He didn't.

So what happened? It sure looks from the video like the victim challenged the perpetrator in some shape or form. In that moment, for a guy who is angry and resentful, you're no longer a 'random person', you're someone who disrespected them. What are the chances that the perpetrator may harbor some resentment for a well-dressed white hipster? I'd say it's certainly a very real possibility for a number of reasons.

So what do you do if a person who you already resent then appears to 'step to you'? Well in certain circles the response is going to be violent and aggressive because that is the only way to show you're someone that deserves respect. That might seem 'nuts' to someone from a sheltered background, but it's not mental illness.

I grew up in a mixed bag neighborhood in a big city and have seen plenty of situations escalate from simple looks exchanged to violence. It doesn't take much to trigger a guy who thinks he's tough and has a beef with society's rules and thinks they don't apply to him. And those types of hoodlums are a dime a dozen in some areas. They aren't mentally ill in any clinical sense.

- The woman appearing probably *knows* the perp, that doesn't make her his mother or 'caretaker'. Could just as well be someone from the neighborhood who knows this guy from the convenience store or runs in the same circles. It's pretty common for people to know street people in a neighborhood because you run into them all the time. This is why I wouldn't even on principle rule out that the victim was vaguely familiar with the perp and may not have been as afraid of him as you may expect.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:09 AM

19,064 posts, read 13,995,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
I don’t think they had instincts for this incident sober or not. Might have been his first and last fight. It took him a little to even realize he needed to get his hand out to create distance. You can tell he never had an intention to use physical force to defend himself.
Most likely.

I can’t help but picture him at the riots in 2020 acting all tough knowing cops mostly can’t do anything back to him. Irony.

One fight: D.R.T.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-04-2023, 10:13 AM

19,064 posts, read 13,995,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Black crime was a fabricated myth to this guy. If you had told him it was not wise to be out on MX Blvd at 4:00am he would have spit in your face and called you a Nazi. Likewise if you had told him that the prisons are necessarry and some people really need to be in there, he would have doxxed you and gotten you fired from your job.

I don't know what the hell happened to this generation. There is absolutely nothing more important to them than black people and LGTBQ, especially now that nothing is more fashionable than being trans. This guy probably wanted to kiss the perp's feet as he was bleeding out.
Exactly. No big loss. In fact, likely a net-gain for my worldview. After 2020, I’m done “being the better man”. That POS would have spit on my body had a mob killed me at one of the St. Floyd riots. Changed my entire life, chased me out of the city I grew up in and served.

Screw him.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-04-2023, 11:02 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,242,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Let me pick this apart for you

- Lots of people are out at 4 am, including the victim and his girlfriend. In fact, in some neighborhoods the streets are full of people in the middle of the night, especially during the warm season. If you're out 'partying' or don't have a job to go to the next morning, it's not weird at all. Certainly no sign indicating mental illness.

- Kicking private property is just vandalism and common enough. I remember stories in high school of kids jumping on cars and smashing mail boxes and so forth either just for 'fun' or out of anger. Being a jerk who doesn't respect other people's property is hardly a sign of mental illness.

- How do you know the people are random? For starters we know almost nothing about the people involved, so that's an assumption in itself.

But let's assume they had never seen each other before that fateful moment. Did he stab the victim when he walked past him? He could have slashed his throat right there and then with total surprise on his side. He didn't.

So what happened? It sure looks from the video like the victim challenged the perpetrator in some shape or form. In that moment, for a guy who is angry and resentful, you're no longer a 'random person', you're someone who disrespected them. What are the chances that the perpetrator may harbor some resentment for a well-dressed white hipster? I'd say it's certainly a very real possibility for a number of reasons.

So what do you do if a person who you already resent then appears to 'step to you'? Well in certain circles the response is going to be violent and aggressive because that is the only way to show you're someone that deserves respect. That might seem 'nuts' to someone from a sheltered background, but it's not mental illness.

I grew up in a mixed bag neighborhood in a big city and have seen plenty of situations escalate from simple looks exchanged to violence. It doesn't take much to trigger a guy who thinks he's tough and has a beef with society's rules and thinks they don't apply to him. And those types of hoodlums are a dime a dozen in some areas. They aren't mentally ill in any clinical sense.

- The woman appearing probably *knows* the perp, that doesn't make her his mother or 'caretaker'. Could just as well be someone from the neighborhood who knows this guy from the convenience store or runs in the same circles. It's pretty common for people to know street people in a neighborhood because you run into them all the time. This is why I wouldn't even on principle rule out that the victim was vaguely familiar with the perp and may not have been as afraid of him as you may expect.
Sure high school kids vandalizing property (usually in a group) may be somewhat "normal" or at least somewhat common.If I saw kids doing this id just assume they're stupid kids being stupid kids.

But a loan fully grown adult kicking garbages etc. is absolutely mentally ill.

You also didn't read what the other poster wrote. He didn't say everyone out at 4am Is mentally unstable. Most people out at any time are perfectly stable.
He said people out at 4am acting like this nut who stabbed someone are mentally unstable.

It's disgusting what happened to this guy. But the last thing I'm doing is following people who walk past me acting like a total nut job.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:14 AM

111 posts, read 48,396 times
Perhaps the volunteer victim was going to give the stabber a big hug, and apologize for being born white.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:27 AM

3,245 posts, read 1,694,848 times
There's a reason why we humans cage animals while keeping domesticated animals out with humans.

If we continue to allow the animals that cannot be domesticated running around regardless what their mental conditions are. More people will just become prey like cattles. Enjoy the concrete jungle folks, your Democratic leaders you've voted in are running this zoo without any cages.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:30 AM

473 posts, read 275,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Exactly. No big loss. In fact, likely a net-gain for my worldview. After 2020, I’m done “being the better man”. That POS would have spit on my body had a mob killed me at one of the St. Floyd riots. Changed my entire life, chased me out of the city I grew up in and served.

Screw him.
Lol you people are despicable. Imagine celebrating a random person's death because of political differences. This is the difference between far right vs. far left - the far left is misguided as can be, but far right actively roots against American cities and is happy when people die who disagree with them.

Take a look at yourself and grow up, because you are one sorry individual.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:40 AM

5,845 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
Lol you people are despicable. Imagine celebrating a random person's death because of political differences. This is the difference between far right vs. far left - the far left is misguided as can be, but far right actively roots against American cities and is happy when people die who disagree with them.

Take a look at yourself and grow up, because you are one sorry individual.
Ideological difference. Which is bordering a mental illness.
Big difference.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:44 AM

111 posts, read 48,396 times
Its been said many times " Liberalism is a mental disorder "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: