Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2024, 08:23 AM

24 posts, read 20,642 times

Advertisements

I’m seriously considering buying an apt. at 601 PP.

What is the realistic wait time for a parking spot within the building?

Do nearby buildings rent parking spots to outsiders?

I’ve already checked the area and know that there’s always street parking. I still would like to know about indoor parking nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 07:21 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
You should DM bluedog2. He lives (owns) in Pelham Parkway and can probably give you the scoop about what places offer parking spots if you can't get one in the building you're interested in.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:59 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpryce View Post

I’ve already checked the area and know that there’s always street parking. I still would like to know about indoor parking nearby.
There is no garage under 601. Some of the other buildings in the area have garages but most have waiting lists for occupants of those buildings. There is an underground garage on Maran Place, just off of White Plains Rd.... ABC Parking, I think. Also, more garages ( 2 or 3 ) a bit further down White Plains Rd on the other side(South) of Bronxdale Ave and maybe some on Bronxdale just East of WPR between Cruger and Holland Not sure what any of them charge for a monthly /yearly rate. I know, none of them are that "convenient" to 601, like 6 or 7 blocks.I guess it depends on whether you need to go in and out daily or just occasionally. Parking on the streets in the area around Pelham Parkway,Bronx Park East, Thwaites, Olinville, Waring really isn't bad at all if you get back by 5 or 6 p.m. Later in the evening or late at night it gets packed. The car/car part thieves seem to prefer Hondas.

Last edited by bluedog2; 04-05-2024 at 11:24 AM..

Old 04-06-2024, 08:30 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpryce View Post

FYI - NYCDOT Parking Signs Locator -
https://nycdotsigns.net/-73.87086769...parking,21/369
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City