Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 09:34 AM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times

Advertisements

Yup, a skell. Prove me wrong.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 05:49 PM

1,246 posts, read 313,689 times
This incident is actually a perfect window into the mindset of the black supremacists running this city.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:24 PM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
how did he lie? asking for a friend. ...and cause if u were on city council, or any other position of authority, you'd do the same.
The insinuation is that the cop pulled him over for zero reason on account of racial profiling, when the video revealing the police request to roll down the reason implies the reason. In any event, Salaam's use of his "privilege" to get out of the stop (and, no, I would not have done the same, just like I don't make mention of my military affiliation even though subsequent knowledge of my affiliation has led to me getting out of tickets in the past) led to the encounter being incredibly short (we're talking 30 seconds here). The officer's deference to Salaam's "privileged" position led both to a shorter stop and subsequently a lack of formal follow-through for an official reason. Hell, Salaam didn't even give the officer the chance to inform him of why he got pulled over The officer was introducing himself when Salaam butts in and informs him that he's a councilmember, to which the officer replies "you're a councilmember?" before telling Salaam to "have a good one." Officer was polite and courteous throughout to boot. But the fact that Salaam had to know that there was video footage showcasing why he wasn't pulled over (usually there's a demand for license/registration/insurance in addition to being told why you're being pulled over, which takes a while) that would show him being given special treatment to counter his narrative makes me question his mental state.

That darn black privilege wins again

Old 02-17-2024, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The insinuation is that the cop pulled him over for zero reason on account of racial profiling, when the video revealing the police request to roll down the reason implies the reason. In any event, Salaam's use of his "privilege" to get out of the stop (and, no, I would not have done the same, just like I don't make mention of my military affiliation even though subsequent knowledge of my affiliation has led to me getting out of tickets in the past) led to the encounter being incredibly short (we're talking 30 seconds here). The officer's deference to Salaam's "privileged" position led both to a shorter stop and subsequently a lack of formal follow-through for an official reason. Hell, Salaam didn't even give the officer the chance to inform him of why he got pulled over The officer was introducing himself when Salaam butts in and informs him that he's a councilmember, to which the officer replies "you're a councilmember?" before telling Salaam to "have a good one." Officer was polite and courteous throughout to boot. But the fact that Salaam had to know that there was video footage showcasing why he wasn't pulled over (usually there's a demand for license/registration/insurance in addition to being told why you're being pulled over, which takes a while) that would show him being given special treatment to counter his narrative makes me question his mental state.

When your fellow black supremacists run the city, what do you have to lose? His fellow council members on the call were lying trying to cover for him.

They will run this city into the ground because that’s their culture. They only know how
to destroy. They have no idea how to build.

Old 02-17-2024, 07:18 PM

34,033 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
When your fellow black supremacists run the city, what do you have to lose? His fellow council members on the call were lying trying to cover for him.

They will run this city into the ground because that’s their culture. They only know how
to destroy. They have no idea how to build.
Well when the city is run into the ground, everybody will get to say I told you so
So you will get to be "right"
Pun intended

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-17-2024, 07:25 PM

157 posts, read 84,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
they had no business pulling over Yusef Salaam. They know what kinda car he drives.
Yes, he's privileged to break the law and create Dangerous Driving conditions !

Old 02-17-2024, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Well when the city is run into the ground, everybody will get to say I told you so
So you will get to be "right"
Pun intended
That’s not how it works in NYC. The city’s objectively worse by every measure post COVID (we can go through the statistics) and people like you pretend it’s not.

There are only two types of people for whom the city isn’t objectively worse. The wealthy and those on handouts. Is it safe to assume for me that you’re not wealthy because I highly doubt someone truly wealthy would waste their time on this site?

Old 02-18-2024, 12:12 PM

34,033 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
That’s not how it works in NYC. The city’s objectively worse by every measure post COVID (we can go through the statistics) and people like you pretend it’s not.

There are only two types of people for whom the city isn’t objectively worse. The wealthy and those on handouts. Is it safe to assume for me that you’re not wealthy because I highly doubt someone truly wealthy would waste their time on this site?
If what you’re saying is true, then why are the rich supposedly leaving NYC if its not objectively worse for them? Maybe you just need to mind your own business and make more money and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-18-2024, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If what you’re saying is true, then why are the rich supposedly leaving NYC if it’s erynot objectively worse for them? Maybe you just need to mind your own business and make more money and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
The wealthy aren’t leaving.

There are two categories of tax filers that have grown post COVID. Those paying $0 in income taxes (the bottom 40% of earners who receive handouts) and the top 1% (maybe top 3%) of filers. This is publicly accessible data from NYC.

I still think my assumption is correct. I don’t see a wealthy person wasting their time on this site telling everybody how great NYC is. Am I correct?

Anybody with a household income between $150K - $300K are the ones who’ll tell you how the city has deteriorated immeasurably post COVID. This group has seen the greatest exit from NYC and the tax revenue losses are enough to offset the gains from the top tax filers.

Old 02-18-2024, 01:09 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

yall saying anything atp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City