Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 04:06 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,350,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perp smasher View Post
The day after PO. Diller was murdered by that fu@king mutt, I saw a cop doing a solo car stop in Queens. I don"t get it ! He had to be on OT. Go deliver pizza if You need extra money, instead of putting yourself out their like that.
I'm not sure how these things work, but if that was the case, I fully agree. Do doordash or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 04:51 PM

14 posts, read 6,002 times
Cops are basically sitting ducks. Too bad the pos thug wasn't killed.

Old 03-27-2024, 06:55 PM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perp smasher View Post
The day after PO. Diller was murdered by that fu@king mutt, I saw a cop doing a solo car stop in Queens. I don"t get it ! He had to be on OT. Go deliver pizza if You need extra money, instead of putting yourself out their like that.
Eh, depends who was stopped. The danger is specifically concentrated among a very specific type of demographic.

I got stopped a few weeks ago driving through East New York for a bad brake light. Car literally in front of me ran a solid red. White cops stopping a white guy. It’s an easy stop. They were polite. I was polite. Took 5 minutes. They knew it’d be this way.

It was annoying but I don’t blame them. Cop seemed like he didn’t even want to give it but I understand the politics.

Old 03-27-2024, 07:27 PM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Sorry if this violates the TOS

https://www.silvershieldfoundation.org/

They do great things and have a 4/4 star rating.

Any amount helps.

Old 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,463,351 times
FYI

Dave Portnoy is doing a fundraiser and he will MATCH whatever is raised. 100% goes to the cops family

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5BY1H5LHPx/

https://store.barstoolsports.com/

Shirt
https://store.barstoolsports.com/pro...41556376846433

Old 03-27-2024, 08:04 PM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
FYI

Dave Portnoy is doing a fundraiser and he will MATCH whatever is raised. 100% goes to the cops family

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5BY1H5LHPx/

https://store.barstoolsports.com/

Shirt
https://store.barstoolsports.com/pro...41556376846433
Thanks for sharing.

Good on Dave for doing this. I generally have mixed feelings about Barstool as an outlet, but respect him doing this for the officer's family.

Old 03-27-2024, 09:53 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Now why isn't Letitia James going full speed ahead over this, nope, she rather go after a paper crime.
what about Alvin Bragg, what does that idiot have to say about this? what is he going to do about this?

We have all idiots at the wheel, and who elected them all?

Hochul, another treat for the state, oh yeah, she's gonna do wonders for us,
so far she has done squat.
We need to get rid of her and we need to vote republican straight down the page.
The Democrats are ruining everything here in the city, cant anyone see this?

Whatever Guiliani did for the city worked, Bloomberg kept it going, and now did it revert back to worse than it ever was...
why couldn't DeBlasio keep it up and make us even better instead of running everything that was taking place for he past 16 years
LEFTitia is too busy bringing down the really dangerous criminals, like that guy that used to be president.
And Höchul is too busy shooting the remaining toes off of NY’s foot with concocting endless draconian laws.
Clown show. Absolute clown show.
This circus gives not a single F*** about cops.
It’s sickening. But they shower illegal scumbags and other assorted thugs with freebies and privileges.
Whatever.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:00 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
You can't explain it?

Or... Are you implying that Seventh wants cops dead?
Right over your head!!!! LOL! I'm not implying seventh wants cops dead

Old 03-28-2024, 07:01 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Good on Dave for doing this. I generally have mixed feelings about Barstool as an outlet, but respect him doing this for the officer's family.
Dave for mayor. Or even a president. Everybody knows the rules, one bite.

Old 03-28-2024, 07:15 AM

179 posts, read 304,146 times
This is an interesting case study. Over the past several years, due to lax (or evil, pick one) DAs and bail reform, crime has gotten out of hand and so many have been terrorized or killed every day. You can look at things at the racial angle, but I'm not going to go there.

Here we now have a victim, Jonathan Diller, who just started his career in the NPYD, making no more than 55K a year (look it up) and was killed in a violent way. My heart breaks for his family as I have a son of similar age and I'm not too much older than Diller.

His home town school district, Massapequa, is cancelling school for the day. by the time celebrity donations, go-fund me's, his life insurance, and other charities make their mark, his family will likely end up with millions, not to mention his mortgage will be paid off as well. Plan on being stuck in traffic if you plan to cross through eastern Nassau over the next few days.

Would the average working stiff who has to commute via subway, unarmed, get that same level of charity? No, it wouldn't even be in the news for more than a day (probably not even at all if the races were a certain way). Maybe that same stiff has a decent life insurance but no major national police community to support that person or their zealots that fly that thin blue line flag.

I'm sure I'll get flack from both the woke, lefty mob as well as the back the blue boomers, but I just wanted to point out the overall community reaction to this case vs other cases in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: