Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 02:50 AM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times

Advertisements

I don’t have any numbers to back up my statement in question but would like to get some input from those informed. Deblasio inherited a surplus budget but left a sizable hole upon exiting the city hall, while running almost everything down to the ground in NYC. Short three years into Adams admin, things continue to worsening and Adams is being FBI-investigated while still serving. How NYC is doing budget wise? I foresee a possible bankruptcy crisis for the next mayor to deal with two consecutive incompetent corrupt mayors in NYC history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 09:10 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I don’t have any numbers to back up my statement in question but would like to get some input from those informed. Deblasio inherited a surplus budget but left a sizable hole upon exiting the city hall, while running almost everything down to the ground in NYC. Short three years into Adams admin, things continue to worsening and Adams is being FBI-investigated while still serving. How NYC is doing budget wise? I foresee a possible bankruptcy crisis for the next mayor to deal with two consecutive incompetent corrupt mayors in NYC history.
DeBlasio was less corrupt but he was bent on his leftist idea that destroyed NYC. He's the kind of white man that was ashamed of his race and wanted to scapegoat others like Trump and not improve the city or people of color using core principles such as responsibility, accountability, and broader economic improvement to help poor people.

When the economy does well, poor people will get better help and opportunity. When deBlasio taxes, spends, and forces businesses to comply with his ideas he causes businesses and high income earners to flee causing more pain for his administration to increase taxes which hurt the middle class even more.

Majority of NYers still doesn't understand why tax and spend doesn't work and only hurts the middle class more than the rich.

Adam is just a cheap corrupt politician that benefited from DEI identity. He would never get the vote if people knew that he was a Republican switched to Democrat and worked for Guiliani. He pocket favors left and right using migrants as his excuse to beg DC and the state to give him more money. He's corrupt.

Old 04-10-2024, 09:25 AM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
They both are bad. Honestly, I don't know why people didn't vote for Curtis Sliwa. He got smashed on the last election. Don't know why. I admit, he wasn't the greatest Republican to run for Mayor, but he would've been light years better than Adams or De Blasio.

Old 04-10-2024, 09:42 AM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,939 times
NYC is not in danger of bankruptcy anytime soon and unlike DeBlasio, Adams is actually open to the idea of budget cuts.
To be fair to Adams, if not for Biden flooding the city with illegals, we wouldn't even have issues with the budget at all.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
NYC is not in danger of bankruptcy anytime soon and unlike DeBlasio, Adams is actually open to the idea of budget cuts.
To be fair to Adams, if not for Biden flooding the city with illegals, we wouldn't even have issues with the budget at all.
Not the city council, before the migrant crisis. Adams was fighting with the city council members who wanted to spend more on bike paths and social equality issues. Adams is actually more republican than our last 3 mayors.

Old 04-10-2024, 03:10 PM

11,338 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Don't think Adams is corrupt as much as being in over his head.

Old 04-10-2024, 05:09 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
I rather take a corrupt politician over incompetent politician. Adams is definitely the latter

Old 04-11-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I rather take a corrupt politician over incompetent politician. Adams is definitely the latter
Most people don't realize that having a good mayor is one thing but having terrible city council members that are woke is a bigger mess.

Old 04-11-2024, 08:26 AM

411 posts, read 227,860 times
Hard to find a far reaching balance, but does anyone think a good businessman like Bloomberg was a better mayor than the politicians that followed?

Old 04-11-2024, 08:32 AM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
Hard to find a far reaching balance, but does anyone think a good businessman like Bloomberg was a better mayor than the politicians that followed?
Bloom drastically improved qol for most NYC residents. There were complaints about him from a few but over and large he is widely viewed as a great mayor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City